1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think?

What do you guys think about the speculation over the new 2011 Ford Ranger?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Jordan M
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no more extended cab? thats lame

Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, that reveal didn't really reveal much at all. The absence of the ex. cab is a real downer. I had a '98 4x4 ex. cab that was one of the best trucks I ever owned. Come to think of it, I wish I had it back. Doesn't mention anything about powertrain but I'd guess maybe the ecoboost 4 banger. The bad thing is that they say it'll be a smaller cab. If it gets much smaller, it'll be a one seater. I really wish they'd upsize a little like the Dakota. With the powertrain technology they're coming out with like the ecoboost in the Taurus and the Flex, I think they'd be pretty close to being in line with the MPGs they're getting now. A little tweaking and they could probably do even better.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
rambuck
Senior User
So, if there is no ext. cab, what is the point? The ext. cab, which my dad used to have a LONG time ago, was amazing. 95% of the Rangers I see are ext. cabs. I was hoping for the current international Ranger to come over stateside. I was hoping for all 3 cab configurations. So is this supposed to be a ute like the AU Falcon Ute or the SA Courier?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 AM
drb1956
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like my standard cab on my '99..I get the 7' box, which you don't get with the ext. cab..Don't know how many times that box has come in handy....

Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
It would really make me happy if the new domestic Ranger would be an incarnation of the World Ranger. But if it isn't and it has a smaller cab that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Good engineering and ergonomics can overcome size restraints. I think about a Suzuki Sidekick owned back in the 90's. It had a very narrow cabin and you literally sat in a well but it was actually quite comfortable and spacious enough-and I'm six feet tall and 190#.What would be a terrible disappointment would be to not include the turbodiesel powerplant found in the World Ranger in our new domestic Ranger. Ford has a fantastic opportunity to not only knock one out of the park and get a huge leap ahead of the competition, but also to dramatically increase the fleet fuel economy average simply by utilizing a powerplant they already have developed. It's a no-brainer!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
Forgot to ask in last post-has anyone dug up any pics or artists renderings?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The new world ranger comes out in 2012 and we will get it. There will be one ranger for all the world markets and it will have the crewcab option.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by wendell borror
The new world ranger comes out in 2012 and we will get it. There will be one ranger for all the world markets and it will have the crewcab option.
That's great info. Just out of curiousity, you got an inside track or something?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude
It would really make me happy if the new domestic Ranger would be an incarnation of the World Ranger. But if it isn't and it has a smaller cab that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Good engineering and ergonomics can overcome size restraints. I think about a Suzuki Sidekick owned back in the 90's. It had a very narrow cabin and you literally sat in a well but it was actually quite comfortable and spacious enough-and I'm six feet tall and 190#.What would be a terrible disappointment would be to not include the turbodiesel powerplant found in the World Ranger in our new domestic Ranger. Ford has a fantastic opportunity to not only knock one out of the park and get a huge leap ahead of the competition, but also to dramatically increase the fleet fuel economy average simply by utilizing a powerplant they already have developed. It's a no-brainer!
Utilizing the World Ranger would be the most likely of scenarios from what I am gathering. I have a feeling that the Ranger is a little secret Ford is keeping from us about the whole globalized company ordeal with products such as the Ford Fiesta, Focus, and I believe the S-Max vehicles. I believe that the 2011 Ranger is in heavy consideration for a globalized vehicle here in the States. Especially with Ford 4Trac concept over in Thailand recently. It is very similar to the current Ranger that is found in Asia and Europe. Plus the fact that Ford loves to boast the Ranger's fuel efficiency and would not want that title taken. In my opinion, it just seems to fit together that way, but I could be completely wrong.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by rambuck
Utilizing the World Ranger would be the most likely of scenarios from what I am gathering. I have a feeling that the Ranger is a little secret Ford is keeping from us about the whole globalized company ordeal with products such as the Ford Fiesta, Focus, and I believe the S-Max vehicles. I believe that the 2011 Ranger is in heavy consideration for a globalized vehicle here in the States. Especially with Ford 4Trac concept over in Thailand recently. It is very similar to the current Ranger that is found in Asia and Europe. Plus the fact that Ford loves to boast the Ranger's fuel efficiency and would not want that title taken. In my opinion, it just seems to fit together that way, but I could be completely wrong.
What you're saying makes good sense. I've always wondered why Ford and the rest of the Big Three didn't do more of this over the years. It makes a lot more sense. Even if it was just the platforms as they are doing with some products.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
It's been talked about in several truck and off/road mags. It's also been talked about in ford world, a monthly magazine for ford emplyee's and retiree's. Another good source for latest ford news is (BlueOvalNews) Ford News, Ford Forum, Ford Reviews, Ford Blogs, 2008 Shelby GT500KR, 2007 GT500, GT500 forums, 2007 Shelby GT500, 2009 Boss Mustang, Ford Edge forums,Lincoln MKS, Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion forums, Fusion news, Fusion reviews, Fusion SV.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 AM
-Jim G
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I park my 2000 Ranger (standard cab) next to my full size 52 Merc, I find that they are the same size. My how trucks have grown over the years...

I found some pictures of the World Ranger Concept here: Ford Ranger Max concept debuts at Thailand Motor Show

This one sure looks like an extended cab to me.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The world ranger for 2012 is being designed in austraila. Everyone will get the same ranger, here in the states as well as a broad.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by -Jim G

I found some pictures of the World Ranger Concept here: Ford Ranger Max concept debuts at Thailand Motor Show

This one sure looks like an extended cab to me.
That Ranger Max is awesome. I'd buy one of those in a heart beat. I will be in the market in 2012 and if that Max is available I'd get one.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think?