New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

For ****s and giggles, I test drove an 05 Mustang GT this weekend...

Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For ****s and giggles, I test drove an 05 Mustang GT this weekend...

Now I want it.

First, I drove a Mini-S to see what the hype is all about. It was a nice little sporty car. But, nothing I'd consider buying for myself. Afterall, I'm 6'3" 230lbs and the mini is... well, a mini...

After the mini I got the keys to the 05 Stang sitting there. Thinking to myself, I can be a good boy and not lose traction on my testdrive. Easier said then done with that car. 1st, I LOVE the sound of the throaty V8. So, rompin on it under pressure just makes the heart beat accelerate. The car had NO PROBLEMS breaking the rear tires loose. And when power downshifting on the highway, had NO PROBLEM moving around slower moving traffic. And trust me, everything else was moving slower then I was.

All in all, I give the car a solid 8.5 of 10. I'd end up replacing the 4.6L with a 5.4L and having the 5.4 fully built before transplanting it into the Stang body. Estimated HP I'm aiming for Naturally Aspirated is 800+/-. Then, see where I can go with it Forced Induction.

This is a long term goal for me. I do want my F350 to be paid for before I start messing with a Mustang project. But, I've seen the crystal ball. There's one in my future.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you look at the Shelby? I was looking at the KR at Chalmers. They wanted 150,000 for it!!

For a car that sticker ed at 75,000 I think 75k over ticket is a bit much!!

Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
I think 75K for a Shelby Mustang is a bit much. I don't care if it is a KR or not. It's not nearly as fast as the ZO6 but, they want same $$$ for it if not more from the factory. Then people spend 100% MSRP to buy what? A name? Sorry. I doubt the new Shelby mustangs are going to be worth anything in 10/15 years. Much less 30+.

I'll stick with the Parnelli Jones, Steve Saleen 302. Can pick that up NEW for $40K. Even get it under the Ford X plan. And ALL Ford Mustang GT rebates. Since there is no "Hype" adjustment for this car, it's the best bang for the buck new Mustang on the market. The 302 is detuned to 450 HP Naturally Aspirated. With some adjustments... can easily pull over 1000 without needing a major rebuild. Plus, it's got a souped up Saleen suspension.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Still drooling over the mustangs. I think I have the bug. I drove an 07 Black GT yesterday. I really like these cars.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
sealboy84
Senior User
Originally Posted by F0rdFre@K
Still drooling over the mustangs. I think I have the bug. I drove an 07 Black GT yesterday. I really like these cars.
I had an '85 GT that would just flat out run. I ended up pulling the original 302 and putting in a 302 that had been built for the Tx. Hwy. Dept. Lots of head work JBA shorty headers. I still think that was my favorite car.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
When I was in Japan, my Uncle had an 87GT I was promised... It got stolen. I ended up with a 92 LX (read, POS 4cyl 5 speed). Haven't had another yet. I'm sure... I will. But, I just picked up a 69 Early Bronco to build instead.

Search this Thread