Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

2009 Event Planning

Old 01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2009 Event Planning

Okay, this year we need to make sure we get this stuff planed early so you guys can save up a few dolla's to get there!!!!

I'd really like to give a chance for all of our east side members and west side members to attend a meet, so I would like to plan 2 meets this year, one for the west side and one for the east side.

We have already decided that the dunes might be a good meeting place. I know a lot of you think the dunes is boring, but that is not necessarily the point of the meet. It's more for us to get together and have a good time and eat some food!!! (Specially if Tim2 comes....... Right Tim1? That pie was.. rich)

I am unsure where we can get together on the east side of the state. I would like to have an activity we can do for the day, not just a cookout like before. That way we can show off our rides if we want, or something else.

So, lets hear it for some east side suggestions! Or even some more west side suggestions, and maybe some central located suggestions also!

I'd also like everyone to sound off if they golf! I know there are a few of us here that swing crooked sticks, and we could all get together a time or 2 and ... do what golfers do best... Drink. I mean, uh, search for ***** in the woods!
I know Ron golfs, so I'm automatically nominating him for any golfing event. Even if I have to drag him into the truck and steal his golf clubs, he's going. haha. =)

Lets try and plan events away from holidays, and think about fly content at the time as well. I don't much like being bugged by bug's while eating. We got really fortunate with the cabellas event on that!!! That was a great day, so hope the other days we get together are as nice as those.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Rawr! you guys need a kick in the pants.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
There has to be a couple of truck events going on around the state; Bronco Graveyard, the truck show in Allegan or Ionia. Somebody should know something about these. I will try to find out what I can.

Toyman

Old 01-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

May 3rd at Knoll Gas (formerly Us131)has a nothing but trucks show. There isn't much on there website. I'll see if I can find more about it.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
I've talked to bronco grave yard. they wont really go out of their way for us even though they are our sponsor.

Whats up with not answering the phone?
I'm still commin to take your diesel.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

I've been in the back hoe for a few days pushing piles back. Can't hear the phone ring in it. We got to much friggin snow down here no placeto put it. Sorry

NO you can't have my truck. I'll get a picture up here soon.

Just ordered leveling block and Fumoto drain valve. I think I'm gonna hold off on a tuner for a while.

What do you think about the Trucks Only thing at Knoll Gas? I can't find anymore info on it yet. I will call over there when I can.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 AM
dagwood41
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin US 131 May 3rd Nothin But Truck-Truck Show

I emailed Jason and ask him a few questions.

Is it just a show? Will there be racing for the trucks.
Could we have a club event there?
With a specific area set aside for us?
Cost of admission?

If I were to race my car there sat. would would I be able to spend the
night?

And here is his response..Not much info...

Last year was our first go at this, we did a show we had vendors spots available. We had two monster trucks on site. As far as the drag strip we did not do any "truck" racing, although we did have cars running on the track as more of a test and tune type setting. cost of admission is $12 for GA.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

I would imagine you could stay there, but there are a few campground close by that are inexpensive.

I wasn't sure much to what it was, and nobody had responded to my email yet. I was thinking we could get a group together and park our trucks in the same area, cook out, fart around etc.

I was kinda hoping that they would be having truck drags, or diesel drags during the day. That would be cool.

Let us know if you find anything more out about this. We don't have to lock into this either, it was just a suggestion/idea.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 PM
dagwood41
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I race my Mustang up there and have stayed the night there before at 2 and 3 day meets. So if it works out I would race Sat. and spend the night and be there for the Truck show Sunday. From what Jason said we could pay for the Test and Tune also and race the trucks.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
I'm 100% for diesel drags.

Boy do i love the smoke!

I'm down with us campin out too!
I tried that last year, money was tight for all of us though. Tim's dad didn't really like the idea of us stayin on his property. Which is kinda sad being he's a christian guy and all that, but must be anti FTE. haha.
Oh well. =\

Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Talyn
I'm 100% for diesel drags.

Boy do i love the smoke!

I'm down with us campin out too!
I tried that last year, money was tight for all of us though. Tim's dad didn't really like the idea of us stayin on his property. Which is kinda sad being he's a christian guy and all that, but must be anti FTE. haha.
Oh well. =\
HUH???? it's more about he lives there in his 5th wheel as well and likes his privacy!

I think the Dunes are a go in my book. I would have a long ways to travel but I should be able to make it

I think the Dragway thing would be fun too! I want to run my truck a few times.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
You never told me he lived there in his 5th wheel Tim!

I guess he wouldn't' like that if we were being loud and drinkin beer.

Yea. drag stip sounds fun. I'd love to watch you guys do some runs. I can take the pictures no problem as well!!
Make sure you guys bring CD's so i can just burn them to a CD, or put them on an SD Card, or flash drive.

Yea, you have a long way to drive to the dunes tim.

A-hole... :P

Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Renaissance Festival has beer!! also food, if needed.. place to sit.. large parking lot..

Old 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
got that right!

Sounds like a good day for you, rich and I. haha

Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

maybe, depending on the dates

Search this Thread