New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Blown BFG Tire and Gila/Tucson Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Blown BFG Tire and Gila/Tucson Pics

Sharing some cool pics here from 12/26 - 12/30. Enjoy!

BFG AT blew in Tucson < 20,000 mi on it

Snow in the Gila

Catwalk Hike near Glenwood

City of Rocks

Hike to Gila Ruins

Gila Ruins

Pima Air Museum in Tucson - SR-71

F-16s in Davin Monthan AFB Boneyard

B-29

B-17

B-52

Saguaro Park

Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics,those bombers are awesome.
Did you hike at Saguaro Park?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
We climbed around some of the rocks at Saguaro and hiked around the end of the north road heading off the main loop. Forget the name of the road. It's about 1/2 mi dirt going north and dead ending. We wanted to do Mt. Lemon but it was incredibly crowded. TV news showed total gridlock up there.BTW it's DAVIS Monthan AFB, not Davin Monthan. It won't let me edit it now. Amazing to see how many of our great planes are just sitting there rotting. I wonder how many of the F-4s, A-6s, A-7s and CODs I saw fly when I was on a carrier are sitting in that boneyard now. One interesting thing they told us - they are cutting up and destroying all the F-14s now. They don't want to risk any of the parts getting over to Iran for their air force. Seems like we should just bomb their air force anyway since they are supporting terrorism and killing our guys. Then we won't have to worry about what they might do with the parts. And keep our F-14s in one piece.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
That's a shame about cutting up the F-14s.I don't see how the parts could walk away if they are sitting in the AZ desert.I think W would have done them in if he had more time,the guy who didn't get elected certainly would have,I don't know what the new guy will do
Didn't mean to get political

Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
There are several vendors they sell parts to for various reasons. I suppose they figure the potential for a lot of cash under the table in exchange for those parts is just too great.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powrstrkr
There are several vendors they sell parts to for various reasons. I suppose they figure the potential for a lot of cash under the table in exchange for those parts is just too great.
You make a good point.Money is the root of all evil
Anyway your truck in the snow is a cool pic,I need to get out and play in the white stuff too.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:26 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
That viewpoint I'm parked at is on the way to the ruins. It's an incredible view off camera to the right but it was total whiteout then.

Where is Queen Creek?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
That viewpoint I'm parked at is on the way to the ruins. It's an incredible view off camera to the right but it was total whiteout then.

Where is Queen Creek?
It's about 40 miles east of Phoenix

Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Cool pics thats a shame about the tire !!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 AM
F0rdFre@K
Laughing Gas
Pics look cool Chris.

Last article I read, we sole a BUNCH of F14s to Isreal. They were stripped down models without all our missle guidance computers etc. Still good for a good old fashioned dog fight with the Iranians but, not something that would cause any of our current fleet any problems taking them apart from several miles away if they got in the wrong hands and we needed to eliminate them.

Sucks to see such a wonderful machine be decommissioned but, it did serve it's purpose well and now it's time to move on. The F22 Raptor is one bad *** machine. Looks like we finally did something right with that fighter.

As for politics... the one who got elected (by the ignorant masses may I add) won't do **** to protect this country. His main area of concern at the moment is to disarm Americans so we can't protect ourselves from our government if need be. Next order of business will be to allow his terrorist buddies access to our terminals to prepare for another attack.

OK, 2nd part of that may be speculation. But, with known terrorist affiliation, how the hell did "We the people" allow him to be elected? Oh yeah, cuz he's black. Stupid people of America. I knew from day one when he said he was running it would be between him and Hillary. Not for their political views but for the purpose of getting either a black man or a white trash biitch in office.

Thing that pissed me off the most... At the mall the other day, saw a T-Shirt hanging in the window of a store. On the shirt was a picture of Obama with one fist raised above his head. The txt read "BLACK POWER".

PISSED ME OFF!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
DANG SG! I coulda stopped by and said "Hi!" We cruised over to Scottsdale before heading up to Payson and home. I think someone on here was south of Tucson over Xmas and I meant to contact him to cruise by his motorhome/5er to meet him too, but never had a chance to get on line before I left.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
You're right on Eddie! I can't believe all the parties and happy hours people are having on inaguration day. Totally stupid.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by F0rdFre@K
Pics look cool Chris.

Last article I read, we sole a BUNCH of F14s to Isreal. They were stripped down models without all our missle guidance computers etc. Still good for a good old fashioned dog fight with the Iranians but, not something that would cause any of our current fleet any problems taking them apart from several miles away if they got in the wrong hands and we needed to eliminate them.

Sucks to see such a wonderful machine be decommissioned but, it did serve it's purpose well and now it's time to move on. The F22 Raptor is one bad *** machine. Looks like we finally did something right with that fighter.

As for politics... the one who got elected (by the ignorant masses may I add) won't do **** to protect this country. His main area of concern at the moment is to disarm Americans so we can't protect ourselves from our government if need be. Next order of business will be to allow his terrorist buddies access to our terminals to prepare for another attack.

OK, 2nd part of that may be speculation. But, with known terrorist affiliation, how the hell did "We the people" allow him to be elected? Oh yeah, cuz he's black. Stupid people of America. I knew from day one when he said he was running it would be between him and Hillary. Not for their political views but for the purpose of getting either a black man or a white trash biitch in office.

Thing that pissed me off the most... At the mall the other day, saw a T-Shirt hanging in the window of a store. On the shirt was a picture of Obama with one fist raised above his head. The txt read "BLACK POWER".

PISSED ME OFF!!!

I agree with all of what you said.If there had been a shirt with any white man on it in a mall window that said white power that store would have been burnt to the ground.Well I guess all we can say is we voted but not for him

Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
DANG SG! I coulda stopped by and said "Hi!" We cruised over to Scottsdale before heading up to Payson and home. I think someone on here was south of Tucson over Xmas and I meant to contact him to cruise by his motorhome/5er to meet him too, but never had a chance to get on line before I left.
Scottsdale ain't too far.Maybe next time.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey looks like the same trip I took in October.

Scarry about the tire!!

I will post some of my PICS , Wife got one of me touching the SR-71, and from the grin you would think I was spoodging!!

Quick Reply: Blown BFG Tire and Gila/Tucson Pics