The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Cruisin the boulevard

Old 12-28-2008, 08:36 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruisin the boulevard

Boy Ill tell you what this is a tradition thats went by the way side at least here in Nebraska. Used to be when you were in high school or even in your twenties you cruised the local square or boulevard. Thats where you met your friends an hung out. Boy anymore though go to a town on Friday or Saturday night an the streets are empty anymore. Maybe just case off in a lot off towns being illegal to I dont know. So are any off you guys seeing this also.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Jordan M
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, this summer when i was working at McDouches we had this situation/problem of that. you know those emo/pseudo-skater kids? well they would always congregate at McD's, usually 10 to 20 of them, just sitting down right outside the restaurant. we started telling them they had to leave if they didnt order anything, so they got the idea that one of them would buy a $1 ice cream cone, to justify they bought something, and would go back outside and hover there for an hour or more, then buy another one...

i dont think they did much other then smoke ciggarettes, eat ice cream cones, sit on the sidewalks, maybe sneak a hit or two in the middle of their group. and if they finally got kicked out they would walk over to safeway and do it too, then over to blockbuster when they got kicked out of safeway, then back to McD's when they got kicked out of blockbuster.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
aaronlockhart
Senior User
Once in a while we'd get desperate and hang out at Wal-Mart.... Thats depressing to admit....

We cruised the avenue plenty, I'd usually get pissed cause there'd be about ten people in the back of my truck (maybe I'd know 3 of them) and they'd all be yelling what direction I was supposed to turn...

Still, lots of good times too... (And the night my transmission went out 65 miles away from home, I'm laughing about it now, but sure wasn't that night... :O)

Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
cipsmithers
Senior User
Not to much cruising goes on here in southwest washington but something me and a few friends like to do is hang out and relax and even sleep in the cots and reclining lawnchairs at the local sporting goods store. It is a good place to go to get away from the ever-reproducing skater-emo-bad additude-meth head group.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 AM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, when I was in highschool we did the same thing. Up and down main street, turn around at the movie rental place and the furniture store parking lots. Lots of people would be parked in both lots at opposite ends of town, just sitting around talking, smoking cigarrettes, and whatever else.

Nowadays when I go back to my hometown for a night, I don't see it nearly as much as before, cops really put the crackdown on it after a while. Plus, the movie rental place is a bar now, so you really can't have 30 extra cars parked in the lot if while they are open.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
ford-harto3457
Junior User
we still cruise here in small town iowa. it aint to hard to take your truck up town clean er up at the car wash then go cruise the stop lights racin ur buddies and chaisin around town or go muddin and see who can bring the dirtiest rig to town and swap stories settin and the town and country plaza with ur running lights on. the cops try to slow it down but they aint that motivatied lol

Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford-harto3457
we still cruise here in small town iowa. it aint to hard to take your truck up town clean er up at the car wash then go cruise the stop lights racin ur buddies and chaisin around town or go muddin and see who can bring the dirtiest rig to town and swap stories settin and the town and country plaza with ur running lights on. the cops try to slow it down but they aint that motivatied lol
Where you at in Iowa? I grew up in Waverly, living in waterloo now.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Elder User
did till they tore up the street. now theres too many stop signs. and all my buddies moved away. some times ill take the stang and go mess with the ricer guys, gotta have some fun!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
ford-harto3457
Junior User
i live in osage its north east of charles city

Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Caleb1
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We still do on jackson county florida. Hang out at the bowling alley, the walmart parking lot, the movie theatere then run down to one of many boat launches and see who has asome beer and a campfire going, then do a little muddin then head back into town, show it off, clean it up and then go home. all in a nights work!

Search this Thread