Gee another new thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:31 AM
lowell75
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee another new thread!

I could have put this under the Sinclair****** LostWages
thread but here it is instead! This will be news to some.
Some of us here are interested in this account of lubricity
issues related to ultra low sulfur fuels... Where we can go
with this is; that vehicle manufacturers and the petro
people are going be pointing the finger at the other on
warranty issues and guess who will be holding the bag
after all the fine print is bought out?

http://www.biodieselmagazine.com/art...article_id=854!!!

Last edited by lowell75; 12-10-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: error
Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lowell75
I could have put this under the Sinclair****** LostWages
thread but here it is instead! This will be news to some.
Some of us here are interested in this account of lubricity
issues related to ultra low sulfur fuels... Where we can go
with this is; that vehicle manufacturers and the petro
people are going be pointing the finger at the other on
warranty issues and guess who will be holding the bag
after all the fine print is bought out?

Time To Sync Things Up - Biodiesel Magazine!!!
So.... would it be correct to say that if you lived in Las Vegas you would be a big fan of Sinclair and their B2 Diesel...TOO!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At one time wasn't there some kind of tax credit for biodiesel production? I ask this because the one and only place within 50 miles of me that sells any blend (B20) is usually the highest place in town to buy fuel. When I say highest...I'm talking as much as 40 cents a gallon on several occasions. I'd love to do my part since where I live I can't home brew...but 40 cents a gallon adds up quick. I'm not an account, so this may seem like a dumb question...but if your getting a tax credit for production wouldn't your product be the same if not slightly lower in price than 100% dino diesel?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Biodiesel cost is directly related to the cost of the raw oil. Both canola, and soy oil is selling for around $2.85/gal. 80% of the cost is the raw oilstocks, when you add in the cost of production, and transportation, the cost to produce is around $3.50/gal. When the cost of "dino-diesel" goes back up again ( and it will), bio will be cost effective once more. The biodiesel producers do not get the tax credit, only the "blenders" do, and most if not all blenders are the oil companys.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
lowell75
Senior User
Thanks Don... At someone has a little inkling about my noiseyness! Hopefully Yokao can stay afloat until prices go back up. Did I say that??? We do need to stop begging for oil from OPEC and credit from China....

I just topped up at my closest dino diesel station $2.079 per gallon yessir I did top it up and did notice a young fellow with a brand spanking new Dodge diesel 1T 4x4....probably still living at home and trying to catch a cute one. Maybe his mom makes him lunch and drives him to work even? And that of course makes me wonder if they might just be giving them big toys away???

Of course I have one,but its not bait,and I'm not interested in catching anything. I don't pull trees out in the woods...got my fill of that in the army back in 60-63 era... I still go out in the woods chasing mushrooms but havn't figured out how my E350 IDI would be useful thar! I have been known to move myself and others for the novelty of it and even had my space on the road respected slightly more. But not that much.

I've even been up in one of the other Bay Area places called Coos chasing those little Edulis fellas! I probably haven't been close to where Don lives thou. :<)

Last edited by lowell75; 12-10-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: error!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
FlyCanadianGuy
Senior User
Originally Posted by lowell75
Thanks Don... At someone has a little inkling about my noiseyness! Hopefully Yokao can stay afloat until prices go back up. Did I say that??? We do need to stop begging for oil from OPEC and credit from China....

I just topped up at my closest dino diesel station $2.079 per gallon yessir I did top it up and did notice a young fellow with a brand spanking new Dodge diesel 1T 4x4....probably still living at home and trying to catch a cute one. Maybe his mom makes him lunch and drives him to work even? And that of course makes me wonder if they might just be giving them big toys away???

Of course I have one,but its not bait,and I'm not interested in catching anything. I don't pull trees out in the woods...got my fill of that in the army back in 60-63 era... I still go out in the woods chasing mushrooms but havn't figured out how my E350 IDI would be useful thar! I have been known to move myself and others for the novelty of it and even had my space on the road respected slightly more. But not that much.

I've even been up in one of the other Bay Area places called Coos chasing those little Edulis fellas! I probably haven't been close to where Don lives thou. :<)
... what?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
lowell75
Senior User
Google it!!