Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

my slow but sure X buildup

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my slow but sure X buildup

im pretty new here.owned a build gmc sierra before.just recently got a 2000 excursion.details on it when i purchased it were

2000 ford excursion xlt 4x4 fully loaded with leather
8" rancho lift
dual shocks up front
16.5" wheels but the two fronts didnt match the two rears.
37" tires in the rear and 36" in the front
custom paint but wasnt jammed unfortunately
tinted front windows
had a single din head unit that was ripped out as you'll see
the guy gave me some 02 corners so they wernt completely orange but still had orange in them(not my style)

the only thing i added was the blue bandana.its an inside joke with some friends out here

Old 12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
so since then i have done a few little things and heres the list

converted it to a double din and installed an alpine w200 head unit
jl 500/1 amp
2- jl audio w3 12" subs in custom enclosure(will get pics soon)
tinted headlights
tinted tails that a local had out here and wanted stockers(was the first mod)
only thing is he didnt have his third brake light tinted
8000k hids
led blinkers,runners,license plate lights,all interior,etc.(will get pics soon)
new to me 16.5" wheels that match
bfg all terrains with 35" tires(like new)
removed the stock side steps
removed the roof rack
and of course installed the shocker sticker

o and yes my wreath does light up :-P

im probly leaving some stuff out but ill add as i remember things/get pics of the rest of it

Old 12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
78_4x4
Junior User
haha im lovin the wreath.....nice ride though man. and im sure everyone wants to hear the bandana story...haha just givin you crap man

Old 12-08-2008, 07:54 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
sub box i finally got around to building.and yes i know i need to vacuum

and to show you the leds/hids at night time

Old 12-14-2008, 04:12 AM
1tim1
Freshman User
truck looks very good

Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 PM
rootbeerford
Senior User
If you want your third brake light tinted as well you can paint it with VHT niteshades, and then clear coat it, and it will match the tails perfectly. I noticed your front LED turn signals dont seem to light up very well, you might want to consider switching to the style that has the LED's mounted radially (in different directions). Otherwise, looks good.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by rootbeerford
If you want your third brake light tinted as well you can paint it with VHT niteshades, and then clear coat it, and it will match the tails perfectly. I noticed your front LED turn signals dont seem to light up very well, you might want to consider switching to the style that has the LED's mounted radially (in different directions). Otherwise, looks good.
thanks for the input.my buddy is tinting his taillights here pretty soon so im going to throw him a 20 and have them paint mine as well.and as for the leds.they are the ones that have them radially.they have them on the front,sides and on the back as well.camera isnt one of the best but at night it actually lights up the whole thing.just kinda hard to capture on a camera.thank you for the input tho like i said

Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i can just see it now...a build thread to make it street legal again because some of Calis finest had a talk with you, and left you with a note to fix a large number of items....

but non the less it looks great!

but why no roof rack?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 AM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
i can just see it now...a build thread to make it street legal again because some of Calis finest had a talk with you, and left you with a note to fix a large number of items....

but non the less it looks great!

but why no roof rack?

o why yes i know all about that.that is the reason i got rid of my old truck.they said if they say it on the streets again it would get towed because i had a built 6.0 in it with nitrous.they didnt like me too much.

as for the roof rack, a custom one is slowly coming together as i type this.its a roof rack/spare tire holder/light bar

Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get rid of the headlights! Blue lighting is always a big no-no, and you gotta be real careful with the red. Truck looks great, just lose the blue lights and it'll be good for a long time. Oh, and when I saw that wreath I immediately though you're from Texas

Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by M.L.S.C.
Get rid of the headlights! Blue lighting is always a big no-no, and you gotta be real careful with the red. Truck looks great, just lose the blue lights and it'll be good for a long time. Oh, and when I saw that wreath I immediately though you're from Texas

they are actually white in person.they look like the lexus lights.and as for the hids, im scared of the dark so halogens just dont cut it for me.and im lost from why you said you gotta be real careful with the red?blonde moment.haha. and ya im the only one ive seen around here rolling a huge wreath thats lit up.i love being different thanks for the comments tho

Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Originally Posted by GR$$N$
they said if they say it on the streets again it would get towed because i had a built 6.0 in it with nitrous.they didnt like me too much.
They tend to dislike guys that can outrun them... in a truck!

Nice ride!!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GR$$N$
they are actually white in person.they look like the lexus lights.and as for the hids, im scared of the dark so halogens just dont cut it for me.and im lost from why you said you gotta be real careful with the red?blonde moment.haha. and ya im the only one ive seen around here rolling a huge wreath thats lit up.i love being different thanks for the comments tho
yeah your lights are fine....you cant have red lights in the front, makes you look like a cop of fire department or something like that...

i got a buddy with a 1970 K10 pick up with a light up wreath but its not that big...

sweet cant wait to see the roof rack! i love the roof rack look... but i would HATE to get your tires up or down from it...

Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by stu37d
They tend to dislike guys that can outrun them... in a truck!

Nice ride!!
agreed.and thanks

Originally Posted by BradyCouchman
yeah your lights are fine....you cant have red lights in the front, makes you look like a cop of fire department or something like that...

i got a buddy with a 1970 K10 pick up with a light up wreath but its not that big...

sweet cant wait to see the roof rack! i love the roof rack look... but i would HATE to get your tires up or down from it...
o is that what he was talkin about?the wreath lights? i dk.im lost.haha.and ya i love the roof rack too.obviously.but yes the tire is going to be a biotch. especially cuz ive been debating getting some 14" deavers for it.im either making it a 12" or a 14" lift.on 38s.ill have to put a small crane up on the rack in order to get the spare up there.haha

Old 12-28-2008, 01:14 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Yes, wreath lights currently (if you have them), but not only - it was more of a general warning really, that in case you wanna add more lights in places where they usually don't belong you may wanna stay away from blue and red.

Quick Reply: my slow but sure X buildup