Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Seen Joe Biden last night

Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 834 Likes on 472 Posts
Seen Joe Biden last night

My daughter and I went to a rally at my old high school last night for a rally with VP candidate Joe Biden. I'm sure it was a thrill for my daughter. I told here this may be history making and youll remeber this forever. In 1980 my dad and one of my cousins and I were going to the old randolph swapmeet and on route 224 we passed the olympic torch runner. Actually we were out of out truck and standing along the road and clapped as the runner went by. I remember my cousin saying " you'll probably never see this again in person" As a kid I thought BIG DEAL?, now I look back and it was a BIG DEAL!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ya, sometimes you just don't realize the significance of an opportunity til years later and look back.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw that on 19 news and the V.P. elect was going to be in COPLEY.
I saw first hand --at 1996 Olympic games with my family. I drove down with my 30' fifth wheel and we stayed 30 miles below Atlanta. My sister was in charge of track and field events and we had a big Olympic banner on back.
I pulled the 5th wheel with my huge 1978 Ford f250 dually conversion. I was stopped 4 times on highway by people wanting my sister's autograph.
I also met Mohammed ALLI--and talked to him for 20 minutes at the Atlanta airport. He was all alone against a wall,and his people were confirming transportation.....he was the big-deal at this Olympics....and I met him and he shook my hand...His problem was very apparent then,and he should never had been left alone.
My Dad was so proud and waved at everyone that honked or cheered us down the highway. Met many famous folks at Olymoic ceremony and even was at The bombing in the park.....crazy times!! Bill