The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How many of you have the country life?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How many of you have the country life?

Ive noticed throughout the life of this "next generation" board, a lot of you seem to be country folk. That is, living on the farm, out in the boondocks, small town folk, etc... How many of there are you?

I've always lived in the big city burbs, where I have to hit my brake 5x the amount of the gas on my truck, and envy thoes of you who have the peaceful countryside life. So, do tell...........

Old 10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in a small town called Melissa down here in texas.....about 1500 people overall.
1 stop light, 2 gas stations (w/1station 2Xing as a fudge shop)
It has grown some since I have been away at school but its still fairly small, which is what I like.

When I am at school, the town is still fairly small. Nacogdoches is around 30K but I still get to shoot, ride horses, 4x4, have bonfires and have fun.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
grew up on the riverbank about 5 miles from a town of about 14k

Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Johndeere93
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live outside a small town in NE Indiana.It sucks now cause there was fields on the north,west,and east side of us and to the south was my great uncles 3 acre yard.Now they have built a subdivision to the east of us and a house right behind our polebarn to the south.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Old Ford Blue
Senior User
I live in a town called Good Hope. There is one caution light, the general store, and a hair salon. Oh and we have a post office. Last I heard there were about 600 in the city limits.
I love all the dirt roads! Everybody knows everybody and so on. I'm not sure I could live in the "city".
I run open manifolds on one of my Jeeps and nobody cares, play that Country stuff all night long and as loud as you can.

Its great.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
The real question up here as far as whether or not a town is a town, is: Does it have a grain elevator?

Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM
big_ford_rednek
Senior User
i (sadley enough) dont live on a farm.. just work on em for friends and family.. work hard (farm work and tobacco) but loving every minute of it. i blow a lot of money, mainly on gas and chit like that, but i earn every cent of it. my high school has 350 ppl, from 4 towns. my town is 320 ppl, 5 bars a gas station and am home of the world renowned scrusher.. that boot cleaning thingy from chaseburg manufacturing. my high school is in westby, im a senior their, home of the nationally accredited westby creamery. official cheese of the green bay packers. we dont even have a stop an go light. bout half of our school is tobacco chewing, beer drinking, pick up truck drivin gitters(redneks or hiks, or w/e) which i am proud to be one of em. we dont have a sine beamer in our parkin lot. just a hybrid. also in the area is organic valley. which is nation or world wide. not sure. if you are around farming much, you prolly have heard of atleast the creamery or ov. thats my home town

Old 10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
F250FarmBoy
Elder User
Code:
Does it have a grain elevator?
Yes, actually, it does. My town, more like a village, has a gas station, 2 traffic lights, a post office, and a hardware store.....and that grain elevator.

Even though everybody has trucks around here, I still get looks when the beast rolls through town.

Country life is too much to explain. I could go on forever, I dont have to worry if I forget to lock the doors, nice and quiet, everyone knows everyone, all the privacy you could ever want, etc.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
ol' gray
Freshman User
Ive lived on farm in nw iowa all my life. last year was the first time ived lived in a town and thats only because im in college rite now the college town is about 3900 and i hate living within city limits. My home town has under 1000 people no stop light,1 grain eleavator, 2 bars, 2 churchs, 1 school with 275 kids K-12. If asked ill say its the greatest place on earth, but everybody that lives in a small town and likes it will say the same thing.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
79tunerkiller
New User
I live on a small little farm in a small town thats in the mountains in northern Utah in the upper ogden valley. theres actually three seperate towns in the valley. theres under 1000 people in my town with no stop lights, only one four way stop, a grocery store, a gas station,(store and station are in the next town over) and a arena. For high school ive gotta drive my 79 f150 over the mountain for 45 minutes to get to school and if i had to live in north ogden where i go to school i would die cause theres only about 20 of us who are considered hicks lots of the others are stuck up ****** but not all of em. I got headers with true dual cherrybomb glasspacks and nobody cares if i go screamin down the road at about midnight or if i have hank jr or chris ledoux as loud as my stereo will go.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 AM
99PREDATOR
Junior User
I came from a fairly small town, then joined the military. I now live in Phoenix and it's crazy city living, but I managed to buy a house on the outskirts that still have a dirt road.

I'm now 24 and a 3 time war veteran People give me a bunch of crazy looks when I'm driving my F350 all jacked up covered in mud through the city, along side all the Bimmers, Lexus and Mercedes... the occasional Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 AM
bama12
New User
I am from down south in Alabama. I live on a little island with only about 1000 or less residents. Its only about 8 or 9 miles long and 3 wide. Absolutly no stop lights, 1 store, 2 gas stations. But have beach houses in the millions $$, for the snow birds. I am now a freshman at the University of Alabama. ROLL TIDE BABY!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:20 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We moved from Blue Springs Mo a east of Kansas City to Ozark Mo for the slower paced life. Wouldn't move back for anything.
Bob

Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I live in a town called Ocala in Central Florida.Many years ago Ocala used to be a very small town.But over the last 10 years,it's grown to epic proportions,and I hate it.I live on the eastern side of town,which is the rural side.Nothing but dirt roads,trucks,confederate flags around my part.My part of town is the home of the Ocala National Forest.I'm pretty happy with where i'm at.I'm a bonified member of the "country club".Me and my buddies all drive trucks,hang out in the walmart parkin lot on weekend nights and head out to the races on Friday night.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:26 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,695 Likes on 1,314 Posts
To some, Roanoke might be a big city...but it does have a small-town atmosphere. I live 15 mins outside of city limits, and until 6 years ago, couldn't see another house from out property. Middle of the woods, on a long, winding, dead-end road. I live in the corner of Roanoke Co., where Bedford (BFE) and Franklin Co. meet. Anyone on here who knows these areas can vouch for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many of you have the country life?