Biodiesel Safety

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Biodiesel Safety

My friend and mentor Prof VonGerpen from the University of Idaho has posted a biodiesel safety video on YouTube that everybody should watch. Here is the link: YouTube - Biodiesel Safety

Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
that was a good video. it will open a lot of peoples eyes.

i keep saying, people in the city/burbs should not be making bio. there is just too much going on. next time some asks why, I am going to direct them to this video.

Thanks Fabman!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We are in the city, but my friends' lot is about 2-3 acres, and the shed that we will use exclusively for making BIO is at least a hundred feet from the house. It is from an old Civil Defense truck, about 8 by 12 feet and made of steel. lots of windows and the door is open when we work in there. Hope to run our 1st large batch (50 gal.) very soon, have gotten very comfortable with smaller ones.
Was a good video to use as a reminder though, think I will invest in a pair of coveralls. Have the other gear.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 AM
westcoastslider
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With so many people making bio. And so many accidents a video like this is invaluable. Fabman is the man.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Trent Fliginger
We are in the city, but my friends' lot is about 2-3 acres, and the shed that we will use exclusively for making BIO is at least a hundred feet from the house. It is from an old Civil Defense truck, about 8 by 12 feet and made of steel. lots of windows and the door is open when we work in there. Hope to run our 1st large batch (50 gal.) very soon, have gotten very comfortable with smaller ones.
Was a good video to use as a reminder though, think I will invest in a pair of coveralls. Have the other gear.
Good deal. Sounds like a good dedicated setup.

I was talking about people doing this in a garage or in their basement. I think BIO is definitely the way to go- I just don't think anyone should put their and/or their families life in jeopardy in the process.