Sinclair BioDiesel in Las Vegas Question

Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
uliman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sinclair BioDiesel in Las Vegas Question

Sinclair is the only retailer that sell biodiesel here in Las Vegas. They used to mark their pumps B5 and stated that their blend was 5% biodiesel - makes sense, right?

Now, a new station opened up right around the corner for me and the pumps for diesel are marked B2. On opening day I asked one of the employees if she knew what the percentage was. She didn't but she did call one of the owners of the station who told her it was 30% biodiesel. That does not make any sense to me.

Anyone know about what percentage Sinclair is selling either in Vegas or anywhere else; presumably they would all be the same.

I cannot imagine they would sell just a 2% mix especially when they charge 30 more cents than the cheapest diesel in town.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Mwachel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sinclair here in Vegas was b5 (5% bio). For some reason they have now changed to b2 (2% bio).

Maybe bio is expensive here so they are trying to save money. The Sinclair at 215 and Rainbow is consistently the one of the cheapest diesel stations on the west side.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
uliman
Senior User
Yeah, it makes more sense that it is only 2%.

I live fairly close to the 215/Rainbow Sinclair and I have to travel that route every once in a while; guess I'll just wait to fill up when I drive by there.

Thanks for the response. By the way I just bought an AutoEnginuity scanner and Enhanced Ford software so if any Vegas Powerstroke owners need a scan, I think we can work something out. Cheers

Old 09-27-2008, 03:41 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
The Sinclair on Stephanie and American Pacific in Henderson just changed to B2. I think Haycock Petroleum is the supplier. They have a location downtown, 715 W Bonanza Rd, Las Vegas, NV where you can get B20 but you have to open an account with them.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
When you guy's fillup, go to this website, create an account and post the price you paid for diesel/gas. It would be really nice to get the valley covered!

Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
uliman
Senior User
I bookmarked it; thanks

Old 09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
tr0y
Tuned
It does appear that Sinclair has gone to B2 valley wide, the closest to me is Rainbow & Rancho out by the Santa Fe Station, both my 6.0 and my 84 MBZ TD seem to drink it just fine. We we do get price drops they do seem to reflect it the fastest.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Mwachel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also prefer Sinclair for the simple fact they don't use any imported oil.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Mwachel
I also prefer Sinclair for the simple fact they don't use any imported oil.
It's funny I pass right by a Chevron Station to get to the Sinclair Station. They are both right around the same price but even if the Chevron is lower on occasion I still fill up at the Sinclair Station. B2 and Domestic.... you can beat it!!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
uliman
Senior User
Originally Posted by jmaskew
It's funny I pass right by a Chevron Station to get to the Sinclair Station. They are both right around the same price but even if the Chevron is lower on occasion I still fill up at the Sinclair Station. B2 and Domestic.... you can beat it!!
Amen to that!

I wonder how we can get Sinclair to increase the percentage of the biodiesel? Probably cannot since it is always a question of profit. I read recently about a company that was new to Vegas that was in the process of building a biodiesel manufacturing plant right here in town. They stated that they had a line on WVO that involved railroad tanker's full of the stuff.

I will keep trying to use biodiesel in my 7.3 as long as I am able to find it.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
uliman
Senior User
Originally Posted by tr0y
It does appear that Sinclair has gone to B2 valley wide, the closest to me is Rainbow & Rancho out by the Santa Fe Station, both my 6.0 and my 84 MBZ TD seem to drink it just fine. We we do get price drops they do seem to reflect it the fastest.
Thanks for the tip; saved almost 20 cents a gallon from the Sinclair at my location: Blue Diamond and I15 Sinclair

Old 10-01-2008, 02:23 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by uliman
Amen to that!

I wonder how we can get Sinclair to increase the percentage of the biodiesel? Probably cannot since it is always a question of profit. I read recently about a company that was new to Vegas that was in the process of building a biodiesel manufacturing plant right here in town. They stated that they had a line on WVO that involved railroad tanker's full of the stuff.

I will keep trying to use biodiesel in my 7.3 as long as I am able to find it.
Haycock Petroleum is who supplies the Sinclair Stations around the valley. That would be really cool if a Biodiesel plant came here!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
The Sinclair at Cheyenne and Lossee Rd is selling B2 for $2.44 a gallon and the 7-eleven across the street from the Sinclair has Diesel for $2.38 a gallon.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:35 PM
uliman
Senior User
Thanks for the heads-up Jonathan; I'll be in that area of town this weekend to go to the Swap Meet so I will fill up; that is definitely the lowest for bio in Vegas!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:59 PM
lowell75
Senior User
hmmm' ever heard of blenders primium?

Nova Biosource Fuels Applauds Biodiesel Blender Tax Credit Extension | PR Newswire | Find Articles at BNET

and I suppose you are not aware of the difference between tax deduction and tax credit
either.... Wow all this for domestically produced B2!! such a deal thank you Washington!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sinclair BioDiesel in Las Vegas Question