Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Wheelin 101 Oct. 4th @ Rausch Creek, Tremont PA

Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 AM
janster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheelin 101 Oct. 4th @ Rausch Creek, Tremont PA

Greetings Gang,
I don't come here much other than to post about these trips. If this annoys you & the staff - Please accept my apologies and politely tell me to go away.

Saturday October 4th @ Rausch Creek offroad park - the Keystone Krawlers offroad club will be holding a *Wheeling 101* trip. This trip is specifically designed for the new folks & first timers who wanna get their feet wet in offroading. There should be a small lecture in the morning about offroading, offroad driving, and trail etiquette. And there will be seasoned wheelers there to help/assist you with anything, spotting, coaching, & what-not.

If you're interested in attending - Please contact Nancy via e-mail
n_roberts_dbsc@hotmail.com
If you plan to attend Please send your name, what you'll be wheelin in(and color), and your cell phone number or some way to reach you that morning if need be. If you are new to RC please get there before 8am to fill out all your registration paperwork. The Wheelin 101 group is meeting at 8:30 am.

Anyone is welcome!! First timers, newbies, experienced wheelers, any 4WD vehicles..... but make a note - we will be running GREEN (easy) trails all day and utilizing our time primarily to help the first timers & new folks.

If you are attending - please make sure your vehicle is maintained and prepared for a day on the trails. Make sure you dress accordingly for the weather and also wear hiking books and/or sturdy sneakers/shoes. Bring a cooler with a packed lunch and drinks (no alcolohol!!). We will be on the trails most of the day stopping for lunch and generally stay on the trails till late afternoon or later.

Rausch Creek offroad Park is located in Tower City/Tremont PA area. It's a Pay-to-play park. Costs are $30 a day with a $10 one-time yearly membership fee.
For more information about the park:
Rausch Creek Off Road Park
Trail maps
Rules & Regulations
Directions

And for some information about offroading, driving, & trail etiquette:

My husband and I will most likely be in attendance helping out with the event, coaching, spotting, etc.

If you have any questions -feel free to ask!!
Hope to see ya there!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Post Fiend
Can a non PA member attend, like the CL from MD?
Might have a few newbie guys that might want to go.

Would have to find a trailer for the little truck if I
wanted to take it, would do me some good to
release some pent up frustrations.
Just drop me a line or stop by MD and let me know

Old 09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey Janster, that's a good post. Why don't you sign up in the chapter and get to meet some of the members, I'm sure there are a few that like to off road.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
offroading is a blast and rausch creek is awesome. when i go i spend the whole weekend up there, as they have a decent place to camp on the grounds.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
janster
New User
Sorry so late and that I haven't checked back....

We had a Great Time on Saturday!!

We had 25 rigs in attendance! I wasn't able to get pictures of everyone or even meet everyone.... we did have a Ford (beginner) there and he did GREAT!! I'm not even sure if he's on this forum or not?
If anyone is interested in attending one of these in the future, shoot me an e-mail (with your e-mail) jandy@lieblweb.com and I'll let ya know when the next one is being planned. I can't comment on a timeline for the next one - as the winter time is probably not the best time for beginners to go wheeling (with the ice, snow, frozen ground).

Everyone had a great time and we managed to inflict the offroading disease on some of the folks! Mission accomplished!

Here are the picts from the day!
Steve & Jandy's Photo Gallery - October 4th, 2008 - Wheelin 101