Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Pinks all out!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinks all out!!

I invite all Colorado members to come out to bandimere this saturday and watch me make some runs during the filning of Pinks All Out. I will be racing my 55 dodge custom royal lancer, which has a 454 chevy in it.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
OH HELL YEA!!! I'm there! It will be my first weekend without having to do some sort of work in about 6 months.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Brakeman
Freshman User
Well have fun guys!!! My lead tech got tickets for Pinks for his birthday so I'll be covering for him all day
Tom

Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to Pinks, fun times. Just watched it air on TV. Much more fun in person.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
It sucked on tv...

Old 10-12-2008, 06:27 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
It sucked bad on tv. I wish they would have shown more than 50 out of the 475 cars.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I think the outtakes should be 1hr instead of 1/2. I saw two of my buddies mustangs twice each for a split second, lame.

mwvdub, nice F100! Didn't see that one there!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
Yeah, I think the outtakes should be 1hr instead of 1/2. I saw two of my buddies mustangs twice each for a split second, lame.

mwvdub, nice F100! Didn't see that one there!
I was there but we were pitted at the end of the sand trap. It was 9/10 of a mile to the starting line. Glad we took a golf cart. I am hoping to make it Bandimere next year. I had planned to meet up with John but the truck was a pain this year.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
53flathead
Junior User
Do any of you Colorado members know Branden Lawley..... or his truck? He made a good showing at Bandimere in his '69 Bumpside.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I looked all over for him and his truck but there were 475 cars so I never found him. looked like a really nice Bumpside.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I dont know Brandon, but i saw him and his friends at almost every test and tune for 2 months before pinks all out. If i remember correctly, the first pass i saw him make was a 13.90's pass, then the next pass i saw him make was a nitrous pass and thats when he was running 12.0's. The truck is very very clean and runs pretty damn good for being a small block ford power plant.

Miles, if you come out to bandimere next year in April, maybe we can do a couple runs heads up... I doubt the 73 f-100 im building now will run low 12's, but the more i am finding out about the engine i bought, the more i think it will run in the 12's if i get the gearing , suspension, and stall speed right. If i cant get it in the 12's on just engine then im going to go for 11's on spray hahaha

I almost **** when i saw the cam specs on the engine... .584 int .588 exh, and classified as a "street" cam lol.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford

Miles, if you come out to bandimere next year in April, maybe we can do a couple runs heads up... I doubt the 73 f-100 im building now will run low 12's, but the more i am finding out about the engine i bought, the more i think it will run in the 12's if i get the gearing , suspension, and stall speed right. If i cant get it in the 12's on just engine then im going to go for 11's on spray hahaha

I almost **** when i saw the cam specs on the engine... .584 int .588 exh, and classified as a "street" cam lol.

I really wanted to come out to Bandimere more than once this year but the truck was really a pain is the a$$ since we changed pretty much everything. Never really got it running good until the last day. I am really hoping to run 11.50 next year. Just sold the Demon on ebay and ordered a Pro Systems Dominator that is set up for this altitude. I also found a set of 2" fender well headers for a 4X4 that we are going to make work. Not a lot but it should make a big difference if I can get good air/fuel going in and the air coming out with better velocity/less restriction. We also landed a pretty good sponsorship that is going to help with travel expenses, new grill shell,water pump and generator.

what motor are you putting in the 73? That is a big cam for the street but should work real well in a race motor.

I keep trying, with the help from Craig Jones at AMS, to throw a little nitrous at our truck.. I think a 100 shot at launch only, would help the 60 foot enough to get into the 10's. My dad is not convinced. He is a scared to run it after his mud bog days. he ran a 500 shot fogger with the jets drilled out, so probably closer to 750 shot. ever see a piston with no ring lands?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
The dominator should help a ton, if you can get it tuned right. My recommendation would be ($450 or so) pull the engine out when you get the new carb and take the engine and carb to Brett at RED up north in colorado. Have him run and tune the engine on his engine dyno.

Damn a sponsorship would be nice...Maybe ill try to see what i can find this winter, a few trophies and one for sure top 10 finish and another top 10 finish possible for the year might help some... id hope.

The 73 is going to be getting a 460 that a friend had built a few years ago.... It should run decent. I figure my truck is done racing until i can do some engine work... Last race i ran a time trial against a friend and after she came up to me and said "i knew it, your truck does shoot flames from the exhaust when you let off at the traps" So i think i need to look into that some, but i want a video of it first hahaha

I honestly do not understand how people blow up engines with anything less than 150 shots of nitrous... it just baffles me. usually if someone damages an engine by using nitrous its because they dont really care if it blows up, or they dont know what they are doing, or they got too greedy or in too big of a hurry tuning for it.

Check this thing out!!! F-100 XL Drag Pickup

Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
The dominator should help a ton, if you can get it tuned right. My recommendation would be ($450 or so) pull the engine out when you get the new carb and take the engine and carb to Brett at RED up north in colorado. Have him run and tune the engine on his engine dyno.

Damn a sponsorship would be nice...Maybe ill try to see what i can find this winter, a few trophies and one for sure top 10 finish and another top 10 finish possible for the year might help some... id hope.

The 73 is going to be getting a 460 that a friend had built a few years ago.... It should run decent. I figure my truck is done racing until i can do some engine work... Last race i ran a time trial against a friend and after she came up to me and said "i knew it, your truck does shoot flames from the exhaust when you let off at the traps" So i think i need to look into that some, but i want a video of it first hahaha

I honestly do not understand how people blow up engines with anything less than 150 shots of nitrous... it just baffles me. usually if someone damages an engine by using nitrous its because they dont really care if it blows up, or they dont know what they are doing, or they got too greedy or in too big of a hurry tuning for it.

Check this thing out!!! F-100 XL Drag Pickup
From talking to owners of Pro systems carbs and talking to Pro Systems themselves, they say they are pretty much perfect give or take a jet size either way. A guy that went to both class at the School of Automotive Machinists and has worked at Rehrer Morrison for the past three years is in the process of building his speed shop here. Since I planned to take the front clip off to do everything involved in the header swap I was going to pull the motor anyway. it also has a nasty oil leak somewhere so its got to come out.

I have to work for the sponsorship but 4 hours of work a month for the next year we get $2400 up front. I would go talk to tire shops and oil change places that would be frequented by racers. Our sponsor is a tire& auto place and they were excited that we asked them for sponsorship.

Unless you got some spark plugs wired into the tail pipes, I don't think flames coming out is good. i want to see the video too.

That is exactly what I keep telling him about the nitrous. I don't know a lot about it other than taking some timing out and leaning the carb a bit but with a 100 shot even a nitous newbie shouldn't get into to much trouble.

That is a cool story about the F100 XL. I like the part about using F-800 tie rods as ladder bars. Different technology back then.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
IM actually going to try the f-800 bars as traction bars to see what good they may do now. If it helped them keep the junk tires of their era under control, and can be home made i think it would be great.

Mind sending me a pm of your sponsorship, so i can go try that with a place around here?

Quick Reply: Pinks all out!!