Veggistroke install review

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 AM
mps1ualberta
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veggistroke install review

So, I just finished my DFA vegistroke install on my 2003 7.3 L and thought i would share some of my experiences. After reading some other peoples experiences i was a little apprehensive of the wiring and fuel system modifications, but i figured i would give it a shot. The engine modifications took about 3-4 beers (about 2-3 hours). Nothing difficult at all, and the instructions do a really good job of explaining things. Patience is the key, also do no drive your truck that day, the heads stay very hot for a long time which makes it more difficult to install the fuel lines, but all in all pretty easy. Also when putting the intercooler/intake assembly back on, it is much, much easier to remove the rubber parts, put them on the intake, tighten them , then install the intake assembly.

The wiring is time consuming 8-10 beers (5-6 hours) but also pretty easy, and again the instructions do a very good job of explaining things. The hardest part for me was finding the switched power.I found the best way to find the right wire is to remove the 2 bolts from the obd plug, then pull it down to reveal the switched wire. Also if you do not have a ford stereo removal tool you can remove the dash, just ensure that the 12 v power is removed, turn the key forward and if you have an automatic put it in first gear, it is then easier to remove. The one other thing i did differently is on the factory fuel pump. The instructions say to remove the factory pink wire from the pump, which would involve removing the pump bolts, i just cut the wire , and used butt connectors.

Also,i would like to say that the customer service is fantastic at DFA, the staff are great and they ensured that any questions i had were answered quickly. The money is well worth it and i would reccomend it to anyone. To be honest 2 of my friends just bought 7.3 's, and both bought veggistokes.

My final contribution is this link to a really good write up on installing a veggistroke on a 6.0 L My Vegistroke install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To be honest with you.....I don't think I would want to ride in a truck that had it's fuel system built by a guy that consumed 14 beers during the process.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
To be honest with you.....I don't think I would want to ride in a truck that had it's fuel system built by a guy that consumed 14 beers during the process.
Ah but his technic just proves that those who have "learning disabilities" they too could install the product. Basically the folks over at Vegiestroke went through the effort to make it idiot resistant...not proof; nature just makes a better idiot when ever you make things idiot proof. As far as of the write up...I do appreciate the effort you put forth to write it up and give it your honest opinion of time frames required to install the kit. My only questions left are the conversation functions in the long haul....20k-40k miles down the road; we are talking about $30k (+/-) rigs that allot of us love to drive.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
h2odrx
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOOO HOOOOO!!!!