West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Cottageville WV??? Our newest member!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cottageville WV??? Our newest member!

Well....to be honest, I've never heard of Cottageville, but Paul T is from there and he's our newest member!

Welcome Paul! BTW, he's packing his TT for a trip to Yellowstone so we may not hear from him right away.

We look forward to some photos of your Excursion!

Joe

Old 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
Cottageville is 8 miles west of Ripley next to the Jackson County Fairgrounds. Blink your eyes and you miss it. I do not know if this puts me in the north or south.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Who cares, You're IN! LOL! Hang in there, the others will chime in shortly!

Joe

Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,520 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Hello Paul T, I go through Cottageville about every 2 weeks and to the Fairgrounds to the horse show.
Have a great trip to Yellowstone and watch out for the buffalo. They are big and fast! Go to the Welcome center and watch the video of people getting run over by them.

Rod

Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
We are trying to get taken off. It just seems so over whelming sometimes to get it all packed and the house battened down. Got to take the 24' trailer out for a test drive real quick before we go. I am so tired now I do not know how far we will get today. We were hoping to get to Illinois but I do not know. We will travel faster with the kids asleep though.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have a safe trip Paul T! Sounds like a fun one

Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Take your time Pal....remember, you're supposed to be having fun!

Joe

Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
Well as I write we are in a campground in Greybull, WY. So far the trip has been good, I was driving too fast in a curve and the trailer caught a groove in the pavement and fishtailed a little. I got slowed and used the trailer brake to straighten her up and all was well. Kids are having a blast. The Excursion with a V10 is doing great. We just came over Big Horn Mountain Elev. 10,000+/- and she did not even sputter pulling the loaded 24' TT. I am averaging about 10mpg which is what I expected. Sites so far were Corn Palace, Wall Drug, Badlands, Bear Country(drive thru game park), Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower, and headed for Cody, WY. and Yellowstone tomorrow. If I get a chance I will check back in later.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Paul T you are about 1/2 hour from my Bro-n-law in Powell. The last time in Graubull I had about a 40MPH cross wind and dust storm and I had a camper in tow also.
Did you stay at the campground at Devils Tower? Each night they play the close encounters movie on a big screen out side. That was alot of fun for us.
While in Mitchel, SD did you go to the big Cabelas store? the one in Wheeling is small!
While in Cody go to the Proud Cut and have a Dinner. Don't for git to see the buffalo Bill center and the Erma. Check outthe times and watch the gun fight outside the Erma. Also in Cody is the Rodeo and that is a hoot!

Have fun in Yellow Stone.

Rod
Wish I were there!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
wvabeer
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome Paul ,I live in the big city of Evans
Kenny

Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Paul T
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
Paul T you are about 1/2 hour from my Bro-n-law in Powell. The last time in Graubull I had about a 40MPH cross wind and dust storm and I had a camper in tow also.
Did you stay at the campground at Devils Tower? Each night they play the close encounters movie on a big screen out side. That was alot of fun for us.
While in Mitchel, SD did you go to the big Cabelas store? the one in Wheeling is small!
While in Cody go to the Proud Cut and have a Dinner. Don't for git to see the buffalo Bill center and the Erma. Check outthe times and watch the gun fight outside the Erma. Also in Cody is the Rodeo and that is a hoot!

Have fun in Yellow Stone.

Rod
Wish I were there!
Well we got home Sunday evening. We made it to Yellowstone, had a few close calls with the Buffalo. From there, we went thru Jackson Hole down thru Utah and on to the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Then thru Petrified forest, Painted desert, back thru Route 66 (I-40 & I-44) then home. I need a vacation from the vacation. We covered 5000 miles in 2 weeks. Down thru Utah we were on a road where you could see about 7+ miles in all directions and not one car or house. Gives you a lonely feeling and glad you filled up with gas before you started.

We did see a rodeo in Cody and made it to the Cabellas in Mitchell.

Kenny I am sure our paths have crossed but your name does not sound familiar. You just have a couple years on me. I had a teacher at Gilmore with your last name, any relation? Are you from this area?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Paul T, glad you are back safe. Buffalo are big critters when they stand in the middle of the road! 5000 mile sounds about right. We do 5-6K when we go west. I went through your area a couple of weeks ago and would have stopped but you were not home!

Well mabe next time.

Rod

Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
wvabeer
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul T
Well we got home Sunday evening. We made it to Yellowstone, had a few close calls with the Buffalo. From there, we went thru Jackson Hole down thru Utah and on to the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Then thru Petrified forest, Painted desert, back thru Route 66 (I-40 & I-44) then home. I need a vacation from the vacation. We covered 5000 miles in 2 weeks. Down thru Utah we were on a road where you could see about 7+ miles in all directions and not one car or house. Gives you a lonely feeling and glad you filled up with gas before you started.

We did see a rodeo in Cody and made it to the Cabellas in Mitchell.

Kenny I am sure our paths have crossed but your name does not sound familiar. You just have a couple years on me. I had a teacher at Gilmore with your last name, any relation? Are you from this area?
Yes she is my mom I'm from Ripley class of 78

Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Paul T
More Turbo
Originally Posted by wvabeer
Yes she is my mom I'm from Ripley class of 78
I thought she was your mother. Your brother was closer to my age and I remembered him and thought he had an older brother. I was in the Ripley class of 81. Small world.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Hey Kenny,

PM me so I can update your info on the Chapter Roster!

Joe