Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

For those of us who Drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 AM
BensDaddy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation For those of us who Drive

I was driving home from work this morning and I realized something, you CANNOT see an oncoming car in heavy fog until they are almost on top of you. This to me (coming from a fog filled place like Nova Scotia) is common sense, or at the very least a logical conclusion to come to when driving. In Canada, the federal government has decided that daytime running lights are mandatory on all vehicles purchased new after 1985 or so. This is not true down here in the USA. Not that there is anything wrong with that!! However, people must realize that you cannot be seen without lights on, so please turn them on.

And to the guy that was coming towards me in my lane of traffic to pass a biker on the road. Thanks, I really didn't that pair of underwear anymore.

Thanks guys, and please turn on your lights, nobody needs to get in an accident for something as simple as a light switch.

Ryan

Old 07-05-2008, 12:56 PM
FESTER1st
Senior User
As an interstate truck driver covering the the entire U.S. and most of Canada I have driven through some serious S**t Tornados, Hurricanes Sand storms you name it but the fog by far is the the scariest hands down.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by FESTER1st
As an interstate truck driver covering the the entire U.S. and most of Canada I have driven through some serious S**t Tornados, Hurricanes Sand storms you name it but the fog by far is the the scariest hands down.
I have to disagree!... A driver can adjust for the elements, but it is very hard to adjust for some of the idiot drivers. I have had quite a few people, driving their little rice rockets, thinking that I would slam on my brakes so they could cut me off...I can only say that they are lucky that I can be a nice person.

I wonder how a Geo would fare after tangling with a Full Size Ford?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I know Hondas don't fare too well when greating the rear end of a Ford pickup- Buddy of mine got rear-ended (while doing 40) by some d-bag in a Honda doing about 75. Totaled the car, drove the truck home. It did some damage to the truck, but honestly the Honda guy was lucky to be alive.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:42 AM
BensDaddy
Senior User
Hopefully that j***a** learned from that experience. I know that fog and snow are two of the worst driving conditions you can get. The J***A** that came accross my lane the other day scared the H*** out of me. He couldn't have been more than 50-60 feet from me when he came out of the fog (silver car to boot). Both doing about 45-50 mph. I am still wondering how his uniform turn out after that experience. I know my heart was beating against my back teeth and, well you know about the rest of it. Parking lights are decent, they give some extra warning, but nothing beats headlights.

Most accidents blamed on weather can also be blamed on stupidity, of that I'm sure