Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Chapter Leader Nominations/Volunteers,,,, It Is TIME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Chapter Leader Nominations/Volunteers,,,, It Is TIME!!!

OK guys. I think It's time for a chapter leader. I would like to see more participation in this chapter. Anyone that would like to take this position and volunteer post here. Anyone that wants to nominate someone from this chapter do so here. FTE is the best Ford site on the Internet, with no exceptions! Other chapters can do it so can we!

I'm not going to say we'll be the best on FTE, but we sure can try. I've lived in Oregon most of my life, and we have a bunch of great people here. How many of you would like to meet other Ford people? I believe we can do it! Anybody else think so?

I'll put my hat in the ring, and promise to work hard to promote this chapter.

Last edited by glruff; 06-26-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Don glad to see you volunteer for the CL position. A most rewarding position it is!

Here are the guidelines for chapter leaders in case anyone has any questions.

FTE Ken provided the following information for chapter leader duties:

Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Some of these were already in place, from our chapter page:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Chapters

Here are the current chapter leader guidelines. We will be updating and refining these over the next few weeks.

- Chapter Leaders may not hold a position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest.

- The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums, overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings, facilitating chapter growth and promoting the chapter on FTE.

- Chapter membership lists may not be used for sales, solicitation or recruiting, in any form, directly, or indirectly.

- Chapter leaders should attempt to organize regular chapter meetings or gatherings that support members.

- Chapters are not legally or financially connected with FTE.

- All discussion, plans and decisions made in the chapter leader forum section, via email with FTE staff, via FTE's private message system and communicated directly with FTE are confidential and may not be discussed without the express permission of Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

- Chapter online business is to be conducted on Ford Truck Enthusiasts. If a chapter is in need of web space FTE will provide it.

- FTE reserves the right to approve or disapprove of any chapter position, including removal of chapter leaders from their position.

Rich, 99trigger3_0, Chapters Moderator, posted this:

Here is a quick run-down of some of the Chapter Leader duties for anyone interested...

Quote:
The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this), overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings. Additionally, we encourage Chapter members to seek out new members at auto shows, fellow Ford owners in the work place and Ford truck owners you may encounter in your day-to-day life. You may even consider telling local dealerships or auto parts stores about your Chapter.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A Chapter lead may also at times be someone who just keeps the doors open, and keeps it alive. I may soon be back in charge of the TN Chapter, due to frustration burnout syndrome with the current CL. A thing I understand, and that I have been studying for a while now...

It seems other Ford Truck sites may have collared the GTG crowd - so keep a spy eye on other truck sites. You might just find your own people "over there". What that means, and how it can work I just don't know yet.

FWIW

Old 06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
OK guys. I think It's time for a chapter leader. I would like to see more participation in this chapter. Anyone that would like to take this position and volunteer post here. Anyone that wants to nominate someone from this chapter do so here. FTE is the best Ford site on the Internet, with no exceptions! Other chapters can do it so can we!

I'm not going to say we'll be the best on FTE, but we sure can try. I've lived in Oregon most of my life, and we have a bunch of great people here. How many of you would like to meet other Ford people? I believe we can do it! Anybody else think so?

I'll put my hat in the ring, and promise to work hard to promote this chapter.
I will vote for youIt will be good to have someone take the controls of this chapter and get it moving.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About time all! An active Chapter Leader will make a big difference in your growth.

It would be great to have a dual G2G.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I vote for fabmandelux (Hope I spelled it right) I think if you are chosen we will have a great leader.
Your Friend.
76SCS.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Oregon-Mike
Senior User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
A Chapter lead may also at times be someone who just keeps the doors open, and keeps it alive. I may soon be back in charge of the TN Chapter, due to frustration burnout syndrome with the current CL. A thing I understand, and that I have been studying for a while now...

It seems other Ford Truck sites may have collared the GTG crowd - so keep a spy eye on other truck sites. You might just find your own people "over there". What that means, and how it can work I just don't know yet.

FWIW
Don't you think that this is a bit on the paranoid side? If we're members/users of this site we're not allowed to use any other internet sites or is it just other Ford sites?

My vote is for fabman for sure!

Mike

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Can I see a motion from an OREGON member to CLOSE the nominations??

Don if you would PM me your home phone no. and a good time to chat with you.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
I will motion for the Nominations to close, 2nd?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:29 PM
betontheturtle
Senior User
I will second that nominations be closed.

Last edited by betontheturtle; 06-30-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
OK a motion has been made and seconded to close the nominations for Oregon chapter leader.

Unless someone files a protest, by certified mail to IB Adrian within the next 5 seconds, I declare the nominations closed.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:46 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Don thanks for taking the time to chat with me tonight. I will get the ball rolling on having you installed as the First chapter leader for the great state of Oregon.

Congrats!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by glruff
Don thanks for taking the time to chat with me tonight. I will get the ball rolling on having you installed as the First chapter leader for the great state of Oregon.

Congrats!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'd like to thank all the little people............

Seriously, I will try my best to make this chapter grow into something FTE will be proud of.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations Don, and an early welcome to the Chapter leader ranks.

(or is it rank chapter leaders?)

Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Thanks Steve! Feel free to post here often. This Chapter has been idle for too long..........I'm going to need all the help I can get

Quick Reply: Chapter Leader Nominations/Volunteers,,,, It Is TIME!!!