Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Central PA Ford Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Central PA Ford Dealers

Anyone recommend any of the following?????

Leidy Ford, Mifflintown
Lake Ford Lincoln - Mercury Inc, Lewistown
Maguire's Ford, Inc., Duncannon
Engle - Rissinger Auto Group Inc, Halifax
Family Ford of PA, Carlisle

Any to avoid? Looking primarily for service. Horror stories?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm further North west . But The people at Carlisle were nice when I was looking there. As for over all I'm No help.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:59 PM
BEAST428
Tuned
I deal with Stuckey in Hollidaysburg.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:57 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Alchymist let me poke my nose in here and offer up some thoughts. First and foremost are you just looking for a mechanic to do general work or something else? Here's why I ask. I have a mechanic that I've been taking my vehicles to for the past 15/20yrs. for general service/maintenence and inspections. He does a helluva job and we've only had 1 issue over those many years. I had a problem he could not resolve even after many attempts and..a ++++load of money spent. The vehicle ran as poorly afterward as it did before I went to him. He did his best..replaced this and that..at my expense and according to the "codes" shown by the computor. Finally I got fed up and took it to the dealer. (not a Ford product..not that it matters..) When I took it to the dealer they found the problem in about 20 minutes. It was not a common problem...but known with that make/model of vehicle....and unknown to my mechanic. Long story short....there are times when it pays to go to the dealer for service. Not always..not usually.... and certainly not often at over $100per.hr. for their work. But..they deal with these vehicles every day and know the quirks of certain vehicles. Now if it's an older vehicle....hmmm? Be forewarned...they may not have some old geezer that is knowlegable of said vehicles. Now..dealerships to avoid? At the cost of losing my job... keep this under yer hat. Keystone Ford in Greencastle, Pa. charged the previous owner of my '86 F-150 a grand total of over $400 to replace the elec. motor on the passenger side window of the truck. I replaced the one on the drivers side for $60 from N.A.P.A.! (Lifetime Warrantee) Seem a tad steep? Yeah...me too. And unless they've changed their policy....any time you spend in their "waiting room" will be applied to your bill! Yes..you will be billed to watch cable T.V. and drink coffee while you wait. 'Nuff said. The Oldfart...

Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Primarily looking for a good place for the routine maintenance - oil changes, etc. Remember, I drive a Superduty - what's to fix? I,m having to give up my current dealer - Miller Brothers in Ellicott City, MD, since I'm moving back to PA...and they've been super in the sales and service. I like having the dealer do the oil changes, etc, it winds up on the MYFORD.COM account, and never any warranty questions. Plus Miller did the complete scheduled oil change & checkout for $35.00...not cost effective for me to do it, and all the record keeping to prove it was done.

Actually I'd like to know where the service you spoke of is .....ya never know....