Biodiesel and WVO conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
thosfsull
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biodiesel and WVO conversion questions

All my trucks with the exception of a 2000 PS are old school diesels, ranging from a 6.9L tow truck to a 7.3 IDI pickup. I even have a NA 8.2L DD in a GMC7000.

So on the older editions, which ran on old school diesel, not ULSD, what will be the mileage losses in a ballpark? Will WVO or biodiesel get closer to the old school numbers than if I just used ULSD in its place? Does the old stuff suffer on ULSD or there is no real economy difference. I know the semi-recent takes a hit from it. Don't have anything new new at all, so a moot question for that last one.

I know the money savings will be there eventually. I just wanted a WVO oil kit to actually drive and use as I build the biodiesel stuff out of a waterheater spec.

What is the cheapest in price WVO kit? I remember seeing one for under $600, but didn't bookmark it like the ******* I am. it was mentioned on here. Something like backwater, swampwater, etc... rings a bell.

Thanks for the help and wisdom in ADVANCE.

My Pirate fleet of projects.
86f350 rollback with Chevron bed. 180k 6.9L OMG PROJECTARAMA
83f250 with a 94 7.3IDI with 80k on it. Has a liftgate and a 40k c6 needs headgaskets
94e350 Ambulance chassis, no box 30K original 7.3IDI missing and ripped apart interior including dash
00e350SD Ambulance Like above with 75k original won't start, but wants to.
88 GMC7000 crewcab with 43k original 8.2L Runs and drives