Vegistroke in a 6.0?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM
timbrady
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegistroke in a 6.0?

I'm considering installing a Vegistroke system on my 2006 F250. To the folks already running them, have you had any problems? Did you install it yourself? How long have you been running it? Would you do it again? Anything I should know beforehand?

I am still under the 100k warranty and am a little apprehensive about putting something on that can't be hidden from the dealer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
FastCote
Senior User
I am right there with ya....

I just crossed the 36K mile mark on my '05 350 and am ready to drop the hammer and purchase a v3 kit. I will likely do the install myself - from the install guide it looks pretty straightforward (less mods than the 7.3).

I read (with horror) the story of the failed injectors on a 6.0 leading eventually to find it caused by a bad batch of oil with lye in it. That made me rethink dumpster-diving and consider dedicated sources (which i have yet to locate).

I does worry me that their forum has been dead for weeks and i have a call into Jason pending a response. I hope it may just be a sign they are way busy cranking out systems to service calls and fix their web.

If there are any current 6.0 Vegistroke users, especially the V3 system, I would love to hear detailed word of their success.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:32 PM
vegistroke james
Former Vendor
Hey guys sorry that our forum is down but it got so overran with **** sites and we couldn't stop it so we had to take it down all together. We will, however have a new one up and running as soon as possible for you guys, again were sorry for the trouble.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
RedBaron134
Freshman User
I'm seriously looking into this my self got an 04' 6.0 with 87K so I'm almost out on the warranty. I'm looking into the Dino Fuel Alternatives: Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems system. It's an automated turnkey system. I've just about got all the research done. In regards to the injectors. I've recently came across a site that hones the stock injectors getting rid of the burr from the OEM Machining. That is the reason the 6.0 injectors have been known to blow engines. I will post the web site once I can find it again. It was in my Diesel Power from a couple of months ago. I figure on finding a dedicated source as well to hopefully get a more pure source of WVO.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaron134
In regards to the injectors. I've recently came across a site that hones the stock injectors getting rid of the burr from the OEM Machining. That is the reason the 6.0 injectors have been known to blow engines.
I've seen the same advertisement as well; though after I read the magazine I recycle them instead of keeping them around...so I don't have one here to look up the company name/web address for a reference. I'd be interested to hear how those "improved" injectors would work better with WVO. I know they advertise they improve fuel mileage. Like allot of the guys on the 6.0 forum, my motor is still under the 100k warranty...so the possible issues Ford may have with a WVO fuel system is weighing heavy on my mind. But at $4.75 a gallon (and rising...sigh) the numbers tell me it wouldn't take long to save enough money to replace the motor if it gets cooked.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM
RedBaron134
Freshman User
I'm not sure how the honed injectors would help or hurt with the mileage but since they smooth the internal passage of the injector I can only imagine it would help less restriction for the WVO and no burrs to break off due to the increased viscosity. I did some looking online and the site is Extrude honed. It's only $$33.00 per injector, They have a couple of steps this is the lowest, so I think the small price is worth it even if it does nothing overall I don't think it would be a big waste. I'm going to try and find a set of used injectors to send them to try out and go from there.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
TchTchr
Senior User
I have the vegistroke on my 7.3, and after some bugs, it works great! The bugs are worked out in the v3 (just moved the temp sensor). I currently have put about 1500 miles on 3/4 of diesel and untold amount of veg. Line up your oil before you go spending the dough on a system! One of my sources has cut back to changing their oil to every-other week; so I'm looking for an additional source. Good luck with it all!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
RedBaron134
Freshman User
That's certainly one of the last things I need to do is finalize my sources. I've got the basic filtration setup I want to go with so once I have the oil lined up I will get the Vegistroke kit.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 AM
TchTchr
Senior User
I've read on other forums that guys have put (homemade or kits) systems on their trucks and then couldn't get oil because the restaurants in their area have contracts with the renderers.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
FastCote
Senior User
Are there really no 6.0 users out there willing to post some feedback (pics, success/failure stories). The DFA guys claim to have many 6.0 customers. I would really like to hear from some.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 AM
timbrady
Freshman User
Ditto! I would also like to hear if anyone is running high FFA WVO in any engine for a long period of time.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
timcos
Senior User
Where does one get the vegistroke?

Can you tell I am new here?

Tim

Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 AM
FastCote
Senior User
start here:

Dino Fuel Alternatives: Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems

Maybe Jason or James from DFA will jump in on this thread and provide a little info.

Personally, I am very excited to get their newest system but details are scarce. I would love to see more pictures of installs on trucks and maybe talk to an owner or two before i invest $5K in a conversion kit and filter setup.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:32 AM
timcos
Senior User
I went there and it seems they only have systems for 1994 and newer.

Tim

Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
pdx02
Senior User
i have an 02 Excursion with the 7.3 in it. I just finished an install on a 3 tank veg system from Fossil Free Fuel. Dave is a great guy to work with over there. In my opinion qulity is that or better or either frybrid or vegistroke. It's sort of like comparing BMW, mercedes, and lexus. you really can't lose. Mine is all coolant based with a HIH set up and it's pretty amazing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vegistroke in a 6.0?