Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

movin back to the Kenia

Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
bigunred
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
movin back to the Kenia

Ive had it its been 7months and im moving back to the kenia, arizona is not for me. I miss people that wave when driven by, you never relize how nice it is till they dont do it. and if you offer help to some 1 here they assume you are trying to scam them.man people here are so tight and hostile cant wait to get home where every thing is green and not dingy brownthe nicest people i have encounterd in AZ have been the AZ chapter on FTE.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,631 Likes on 1,120 Posts
hey you didn't get permission to leave us!!!!
I do hear you though, we we were visiting my wife's uncle in Fairbanks, we were at the grocery store and while in line I talked to a couple for 5 or 10 minutes, when we left I asked Vic who it was assuming he knew them and he said he had no idea who it was, just another customer at the store. I was in shock to have had a conversation with a total stranger after living almost my whole life in Arizona.
on a sad note my company just posted a job in Fairbanks, which I would put in for had I not just started my own fleet maintenance company and am in the middle of building my garage.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
This is a older thread as I saw it a while back was going to then didn't write back but I hope every thing worked out OK. I was in Alaska in May and even as an outsider I was wellcomed there like I lived there, I almost hated to leave but then again that is what visitors are, come spend a week or two, our house is your house, enjoy but go HOME.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Arizona is an awful place.. i went there and would never leave Alaska again for it. to much drugs/hate/violence... and thats not even counting the rush hour traffic!!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by b-uno
Arizona is an awful place.. i went there and would never leave Alaska again for it. to much drugs/hate/violence... and thats not even counting the rush hour traffic!!
I was in Phoenix in the late 70's and it was getting wild then, I can only amagine how much fun (pun entended) it could be now. I have my ranch here in Wyo. which is still mostly laid back but if it wasn't for that I think I might have moved to Alaska.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
ya wyoming is a good place.. i was debating trying that out before comming back to alaska.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I think the biggest thing would be all the dark in the winter in Ak more so further up north. I know it could be worked around but I do love the sun.

As I stated before Alaska is still what Wyoming used to be though. We still have quite a bit of freedom here as dictated by population but I love the way things work in Alaska for an example you will never see a sighn on a Wall Mart window in Wyoming stating that if your carrying a rifle to remove the shells and keep your pistol houlstered while in the store.

I' am not a gun nut but I don't care much for the restrictions that are being impossed on me and my ability to own and use a firearm when those that are not responsible or those that have lost that right due to missuse can get a gun easier than me with a clean record.

Sorry for my run on a wore out subject but it has been on my mind after my trip last spring.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
one good thing about the dark is you get to actually see your headlights and dash lights for a change.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by b-uno
one good thing about the dark is you get to actually see your headlights and dash lights for a change.
Depending on how far North you are it's most likely staying night up there a lot now. The last couple of days we got cold down here. It's not as cold as I have seen it here but it was crisp with -18 F as of 5 p.m. MT last night. It seemed like I was up every little bit puting more wood on the fire in the living room stove. Has your winter been getting tough or is it still mild yet?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Blurrrrrrrr now that cold really gets to a person after llaying on a ice driveway working on a chevy blazer for sure!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:29 AM
bigunred
Elder User
We havent made it my wife decided to finish her masters so another year or two hear in the hell hole man this valley gets hot. I still after a year here dont care for the place hell it was 72 here today i dont think its really december.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Ya i never did get used to the DRY heat after 8 years in glendale/phoenix/awatukee.. dont miss the place much at all really.

ray

Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigunred
We havent made it my wife decided to finish her masters so another year or two hear in the hell hole man this valley gets hot. I still after a year here dont care for the place hell it was 72 here today i dont think its really december.
By the time you get out of there you may not want to get futher away from the equator. When I was there in the late 70's all was well exsept the 127 degree day times in the summer. I thought that was a little tough. Happy New Year just the same.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
its very cold here in anchorage withthe -18 today.. u know that global warming has to be lies!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
bigunred
Elder User
I wish it was cold ,people here keep sayin hey its finaly cold and werin there coats and gloves. While we still run around in shorts and tank tops. We did get some cold at the grand canyon over x mass along with a good bit of snow for here, about a foot and a half while we were there you oughta see these desert dudes drive in snow i'm still laughin.

Search this Thread