Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

Marengo swamp atv ride June 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Marengo swamp atv ride June 7

Ok Louisiana chapter. I have another possible idea for a get to gather. The Marengo swamp atv ride in Hebert Louisiana On Saturday June 7. Hebert is verry close to Columbia LA.

The ride is for the Northeast chapter of the I wish I Could foundation. They grant wishes to terminaly ill children.

It is 16 miles of pure Louisiana gumbo mud. They do have side trails to bypass a lot of the bad stuff. Last year there were close to 7000 atv's that went thru the ride. I am going along with a lot of my friends. We would be glad to have some of the FTE members along for the ride.

I hAVE A 700 Suzuki king quad on 28" tri claw tires.

The only bad thing about the ride is that they DO NOT allow alcohol. They use to but too many people were getting hurt.

If any one is interested please post up. I know I will be there.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
23 working days and counting down man!!

me and the old lady are going to be camped out friday night!! we should have a few of out group there on friday with us as well (CenLA Mud Gators)! we camped at a church parking lot last year, it's about a mile or so from the entrance road. we gave $10 to the church to park there, they said we could park as long as we wanted, hope they say the same thing this year!!

i have a 07 suzuki vinson with 28 laws, and my wife has an 07 vinson with 26 XTR's. i just finished putting a gear reduction in mine (turns those 28's like they are stock tires now, hahaha)!! BRING ON THAT GUMBO MUD!!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:06 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Still working on getting a bike....

Sorry, I'm out.

Do like to go on a good bike ride (even now and then I can borrow someone's).
For everyone that goods, Have fun!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Jason I am looking forward to it. For some reason I am scare that something is going to come up and I won't be able to make it. Like a rig move. I DO NOT want to be stuck in West Texas. I missed last year because of a rig move. There will probable be at least 20 people from the Natchez/Vidalia area.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
w5kgt
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be there. I bring the Emergency Communication Van and Tower. Should get there Friday and spend the night.
Will be there all day Saturday. Look for me at the Red and White Emergency Van. Been there the last three years.
It's a blast.

Hope to see ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
as of right now, i'm on the schedule to be off friday (and possibly monday). so i hope nothing pops up at the last minute!!

W5KGT- glad to have ya there!!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
4wheelfurry
Senior User
Hey Robert, one more great thing we can do!! I have known about the Marengo ride for about 5 years now but have never once done it... I ride a 750 Brute Force, won 1st in the super modified at MudNats last year. I hang out a lot in the atv forums but never thought about you guys over here riding LOL. Rite now I have my 750 down for some needed TLC but it may be back up and going by then. I also have a Prairie 650 but it isn't set up for mud riding so it prob wont make it through this ride, I know how bad it is!!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
I have every intention of being there. The only thing that may prevent it is having to work extra days to move my rig. I will be verry upset if that happens.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:07 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
4wheelfurry- let me describe the Marengo ride...........

this is a ride that consist on 13miles of endurance for you AND your bike. TRUE many have and will make it threw! but you will definitely know you have been on a true atv challenge!! the call it a "SUICIDE" ride for a reason.

if you are one of the last few thousand threw the gates, prepare for a fun ride, because you will be folowing large tires and large bikes, that have already dug ruts and blazed trails. there is a crappy bottle neck about 3/4 of a mile in, and that can get congested (we waited 2 hours to pass last year), they send bikes threw single file last year. after the bottle neck, miles 2 and 3 are swamp maneuvering, and dodging!! it will test your trail decisiveness!! if you follow the wrong guy, or choose the wrong trail, you might get a work out, hahaha!! at mile marker 3 you visit the SUICIDE HOLE........it's a trench of slop, this is the hole at the end of the suicide hole.
http://www.team-mudd-racing.com/2007...o/100_0079.jpg

and from there you can choose the rest of the 10 miles or fight the 3 miles back. last year we chose the 10........not a bad ride IN THE DAY TIME!! if you even think you might be getting to far before your lite runs out, turn around!! the last 4 miles we FOUGHT in the pitch dark!! not a fun exit to the ride. but the other 10 consists of hills, valley's, swamp, slew, and plenty of tree's.

we saw large bikes and small bikes broke down, but we saw quite a few small bikes complete the trails too!! it's all in where you choose to go, hahaha, ride smart, and you'll have a good time!! our goal is to be part of at least the 1st 1000 threw the gate and to complete the whole ride........if it starts getting dusk and we haven't hit 7-8 miles yet, we are turning around and heading back, hahaha!! we learned from our mistakes last year!!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
It has been 3 years since I have been thru the ride. The last time I went thru on a stock 650 prairie. The 2 time before that I was on a 2 wheel drive warrior. I will never do that again.

This year I am going on my king quad. I have 28" triclaws on it. Before the ride I am installing a 3" lift and a clutch kit. I may have access to a set of 29.5" out laws. I'm just not sure that my bike will clear them.

I am looking forward to it. I just hope that I don't get stuck at work.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
4wheelfurry
Senior User
Pic of my Brute, 29.5 12's on all 4 with rear off-set rims all 4. 4" lift, motor work ect....

Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
LOL, 4wheelfurry, you'll be JUST fine, lol!! i thought it was a fun ride, it just need to be completed in the day light, hahaha!!