im new...need help...what bio kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:03 PM
deemac
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im new...need help...what bio kit?

hey guys, im new to the bio diesel forum. Im usually on the 7.3 one. Anyways, i am really thinking of starting to make my own bio...what is the best kit out there? I know there are a bunch and i figured you guys got the experience. Im trying not to spend a whole bunch of money on one but i am considering all the options. Any suggestions would be awesome...thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
All the info you need is here: Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website They have kits, and plans. Plus all the latest info.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
I agree with Fab, Hes the man on BD.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
bowhunter1331
Freshman User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
All the info you need is here: Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website They have kits, and plans. Plus all the latest info.
What about BioFuel Basics and DSE..
I know others are using variations of these... I have heard BIO is dangerous because of the chemicals...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
BioFuel Bsics and DSE are NOT biodiesel! In my opinion they are snake oil. Just another way for somebody to take advantage of peoples need for cheaper fuel. All the long term studys I've seen show that the use of UNHEATED veggie oil use will KILL a diesel engine. There are NO studys on these products, NONE! All you can find are testamonials...........Give people enough $$$$$ and they will say anything.

There are only 2 ways to do it RIGHT. Convert your truck to run HEATED WVO, OR, make QUALITY biodiesel.

Making Bio is easy. Anyone with common sense can make biodiesel safely.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
bowhunter1331
Freshman User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
BioFuel Bsics and DSE are NOT biodiesel! In my opinion they are snake oil. Just another way for somebody to take advantage of peoples need for cheaper fuel. All the long term studys I've seen show that the use of UNHEATED veggie oil use will KILL a diesel engine. There are NO studys on these products, NONE! All you can find are testamonials...........Give people enough $$$$$ and they will say anything.

There are only 2 ways to do it RIGHT. Convert your truck to run HEATED WVO, OR, make QUALITY biodiesel.

Making Bio is easy. Anyone with common sense can make biodiesel safely.
Well I have enough sense to ask questions... seems to good to be true,,,

WHAT heating system is recomended... can you make one yourself with... IE fuel line rapped aroung the exhaust... or some other exsisting heating source>
just thought.. off the top of my head

Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
The heating system has to heat the WVO in the tank, keep it hot in the lines, keep it hot in the filter, and a system to switch from 2 different tanks. In my opinion the best way to go WVO is to use a commericial kit, and the sponsor of this forum has the most respected kit out there.

I choose to make Biodiesel because I have a large ranch and many diesels. It makes more sense for me to convert the WVO to biodiesel, than to convert all the diesels.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
renoduckman
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi

Hi im new to the Bio diesel forum. Been on the site for awhile. All this sounds interesting. Been trying to read up on it all i can. Unfortunatley i dont have land now. Do you think its practical to make on a scale for myself in a back yard of a track home? I have an 02 power stroke. Im not a chemist or anyting like that but im and elctrician/maintence man at a newspaper. Im pretty good at mechanical stuff. Thanks and take care Joe