North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

meet in greet

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meet in greet

okay guys and gals, we have had the meet and greets in lexington everytime and i feel like it is time to have one near RDU area now all you members in that area know of a place we can all meet up and eat ? we need a location and time it needs to be set on a saturday. i would like to have one this month if all possible. so i need info so we can get it posted.

john
your chapter leader

Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
BW68
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't know where any good places are in RDU area, but where ever it is held I will do my best to be there!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:50 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are getting a good cross section of members we can have a meet and greet once a month.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:09 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by UTfball68
I know you said RDU (even though I don't know what that abbreviation is) but I have a suggestion of another place...Why not Uwharrie gamelands. They have a campground, plenty of wheelin trails and is pretty central to the state. Just my 2 cents.
Cool but not all of us have a 4x4

Old 04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by UTfball68
I get that but there's a lot of dirt roads...and it's absolutely beautiful and they rent tents for 2 bucks a day. I just meant wheeling for those interested. Being a newer user I didn't know what these meet and greets consisted of...so I was just throwing out an idea.
It's not a problem. A meet and greet is where we meet and have lunch and spend the afternoon getting to know each other.

I'm sure they have cook out facility where everyone can bring something. You have a great idea for a weekend outing.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
I think we need to invade Cracker Barrel some where.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 PM
TheHandyman
Senior User
There's a bezillion places near Raleigh / Durham to meet (RDU). Whoever lives there should scope it out. I grew up there but happily moved out when everyone else began moving in. I reside about two legal driving hours away now.

There's a Cracker Barrel outside Raleigh near Smithfield, I think on Hwy 42. I think there's one in Cary (Congested Area of Relocated Yankees), and at least one in Raleigh. I'm not real sure about those last two. Someone hand me a phone book!!?