Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 PM
gonecrazyi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of Questions

Ive been reading posts on making my own wvo system for a couple of months now. I was given a 20 gal. aluminum fuel tank and plan to cut the top open to insert 2 new ford heater cores. What do you guys think of this? Should I just use a small radiator instead? At the moment I plan to heat my fuel lines and use the plumbing for the rear tank to get the fluid to the engine. My fuel pump is not really that strong at the moment so I am planning on using the money not spent in fuel to buy the parts to set the system up with duel fuel pumps for each tank and a by pass of the stock fuel filter for the wvo. I am getting about 8-10 gals. of oil a week that is used for about 6hrs every weekend. The oil is almost like brand new. I've been running some tests and have mixed clean oil 50/50 with diesel. The mixture has been sitting in my fridge for about a week and has not seperated and has the consistancy close to that of regular diesel. Once heated it should remain pretty thin. What are your opinions on this arrangement? I figure that the money being saved on fuel will help pay for buying the parts needed to properly set the system up.