Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
evictorwalli
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So now Biodiesel refiners are going to have clean up there act as well they should. It will only take a few to tarnish the entire industry. Biofuel producers need to do something about this...welcome regulations, bring in a permiting system, a watchdog group. Just because they make a "green" product doesn't been they should be allowed to pollute. Nobody has the right to us our streams and rivers as a dump.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
I'm the opposite of tree hugger, but anyone that would dump this in a water way should feel some leather across their back!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
HAB
Senior User
Leather!

Leather!! I think thats mighty soft punishment. Polluting our waterways, the same source of drinking water for many, should be a Capital Offense.
Seriously though, I happen to own 150 acres on a small creek immediately down stream from a small Biofuel plant under construction and due to come on line very soon. With cattle and other livestock depending on that water daily, I am very concerned with the possibility of pollution and any possible loss of water quality. Regulation here is some of the most lax in the nation so it a very real possibility. I fully support biofuel production, but its got to be done in a safe and clean manner. With bussinesses looking to cut every corner (possibly dumping instead of processing waste?) good regulation and enforcement will be absolutely necessary.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
TchTchr
Senior User
Originally Posted by jimkidd
I'm the opposite of tree hugger, but anyone that would dump this in a water way should feel some leather across their back!
I don't you have to be a "tree hugger" to protect our natural resources. I love trees, but I also have wooden furniture. There are responsible means to acheive the ends we may want and need. I congratulate your outrage of such actions of polluting businesses.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 PM
TchTchr
Senior User
Quote from the article:

“They’re environmental Jimmy Swaggarts, in my opinion,” said Representative Brian P. Bilbray, Republican of California, who spoke out against the $18 billion energy package recently passed by Congress that provides tax credits for biofuels. “What is being sold as green fuel just doesn’t pencil out.”

It DOES pencil out IF the corporations act in a responsible manner. I imagine every AM radio host is jumping on this sort of crap to promote their point of view which ultimately lines their pockets and doesn't make our living conditions any better.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:06 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, this won't work, its people like this that are going to try to outlaw the use of biodiesel, screwing it up for the rest of us.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Herkmafia
Freshman User
Originally Posted by TchTchr
Quote from the article:

“They’re environmental Jimmy Swaggarts, in my opinion,” said Representative Brian P. Bilbray, Republican of California, who spoke out against the $18 billion energy package recently passed by Congress that provides tax credits for biofuels. “What is being sold as green fuel just doesn’t pencil out.”

It DOES pencil out IF the corporations act in a responsible manner. I imagine every AM radio host is jumping on this sort of crap to promote their point of view which ultimately lines their pockets and doesn't make our living conditions any better.
I wonder if he's "penciled out" ethanol!