Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

I'm wondering.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
I'm wondering.....

I wondering if some of the members here don't realize when they are getting private messages (mainly Mine!!). I know the guys are on FTE, but they haven't read the PM's that I sent them! If you are one of these, look up in the right hand corner. You will see a little box that say "Welcome yourusername". There is a listing for "Private Messages:". If you have any, it will tell the number immediately behind this. Click on the words "Private Messages:" to read them.

Of course, they could just be ignoring me ! Wouldn't be the first time!!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh oh oh pick me pick me!!! I know when I get PM's. I usually read them then ignore them.........sometimes when they're from Pat I don't even bother

-Jake

Old 02-21-2008, 07:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I wouldn't expect any less Jake!!LOL! The reason I'm wondering about this is that the guys are on the site in other forums, but haven't read their PM's (since I get a reciept for each pm to see if they've been read or not).

Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Hey Pat... I was thinking, do you know if a user that hasn't enabled private messaging in their User CP can still recieve PM's? Meaning, you can send a PM to them but they won't know it's there until they turn that feature on.

I would think you would get an error if you tried to PM someone who hasn't enabled it. Just a thought, maybe one of the admins can answer that.

If it makes you feel any better, I still had PM's in my tracker that I sent to NE folks back in 2006 that were never read! I finally deleted them a couple months ago.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
When the person has their PM disabled, you get a message saying they cannot receive PM's. I'm just wondering if they don't realize that they are getting them, that they don't see the little PM box, or they don't know how to read them. I'm wondering if I should have some of the guys that haven't been on since the Chapter started taken off of the list.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
It's frustrating... I don't know how anyone wouldn't notice that bold "private message" box at the top of the screen. If someone hasn't logged on to FTE in six months, I'd say drop them from the list. The only guys I'd give a little leeway to would be the couple military guys we have, sometimes they may not have time or access to worry about FTE

Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Yeah, I need to clean up the list. We have about 64 members right now, but I bet a third of them haven't been on FTE for a least a year and a half. I know alot of the guys are on the other forums, but they either don't stop in the chapter much, or if they do, they don't post anything. That's why I'm going to try and PM everyone at least once a month.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
hey pat,
i read all of mine. and i have 11 of them in coming and out going. as soon as i get home i go to fte and check my alerts. and see who is on or who e-mailed me!
i'm probably that 0000000000.1% that does!

ford ranger

Old 03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
I check em all the time, idk why it's so hard to, you get an e-mail sent to you and it takes you right to it in a couple clicks, the only annoying thing is the "forward", why don't they have a "reply"? You can either forward or type in the recipents name agian, and sometimes you have to go back and see how some of these user names are exactly spelled, i don't like that, I guess I wish it was just set up more like a hotmail account. But the point still stands, if your slightly inclined to do so, it's easy enough to figure out.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I know there a several members who are on the site, but haven't read their pm's. gettiing that email notification, you'd think they'd at least read the pm! Chris, try using the "quote" feature. That works like a reply, it just quotes their message with it. Your right though, they should just have a "reply" button.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Hmm, well thanks, I'll try that next time.