using ATF as fuel

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using ATF as fuel

I was told about using used ATF at a 1 to 1 ratio with diesel. If I could cut my fuel bill by half I in. Any body doing this? Would it hurt anything? Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
BLACK 6
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has been covered in another thread, but what will the ATF cost you? Unless you are going to run new ATF in your truck, you run the risk of messing a few things up. To expand on that, used ATF has metal particulates floating in it that even filtering won't get out. suspended in the fluid like that they become a lot like sand in a sand blaster. Your injectors will definitely need replacing (quicker than normal). Everything that it comes in contact will wear at an accelerated rate...... how quick depends on the volume of matter in the ATF.

The way I see it, your playing Russian roulette if you use the contaminated ATF, you might do just fine, or your truck might fall apart. Not a chance I would take.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Take a sample of ANY waste motor oil or ATF and send it in to Blackstone for analysis. When you get the results back, check out all the heavy metals and nasty chemicals that are left in it. I'll bet you won't want to use it then.....................

Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks I dont think I will look into this any more