Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoLoc Tonneau cover lift "kit"

Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 AM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoLoc Tonneau cover lift "kit"

First off, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to products having issues. We can all get a bad apple once in awhile.

This company has nothing but issues Please stay away.

Melissa had bought the AutoLoc Tonneau cover Heavy duty lift system from an on line dealer 2 weeks ago. I was short on time so I couldn't get it in before Autorama so Tuesday, Melissa was home early from work so I decided to install them then.

My first complaint was what they called a "kit" Their kit was nothing more then 2 Linear actuators and a package of nuts and bolts. I was disappointed with what they called a "kit" considering I had to buy another 30 bucks in parts to complete the "kit" I had sent them an email expressing my concern of such a expensive product not being a true "kit" They replied with some bashing of what kind of an installer I was and what not then offered to send me out some trinkets to complete the job. I had told them not to bother that I would fab up what I need.

I then get to installing the "kit". The hardware pack did not work with our tonneau cover, I guess ******* is an off brand. So it's off to the hardware store once again to fab something up. Got back got everything installed in the "kit" Kit being their 2 actuators with my wire, switch, relays, connectors, and hardware. Everything worked great. I had made the adjustments to the speed of the actuators so the opened and closed at the same time. Everything seamed cool now that it worked. And even though I had to build my "kit" I was alright with it, I was gonna let it go.

I get a call from the wife this morning saying the actuators were making a noise, so I meet up with her at work to see whats a matter and find one of the actuators grounding out. It wasn't a constant ground but would trigger with bumps. So I fix the issue and rasie the cover and it makes a nasty growl, and one of the actuators won't go back down. I finally put some pressure on the nosiy actuator and get it back down.

So now it sounds like my 4 day old, used 5 time actuator has spun a gear. I have never been so disappointed in a product in my life. I suggest that anyone looking for a tonneau cover lift "kit" to look somewhere else.

With that said, I'm am looking for 2, quality 12v Dc actuators. with a throw of 12-24" with a high load push / pull rating. If anyone knows of one, please post up here or Pm me

Thanks, Bill

Old 02-16-2008, 05:59 AM
chuck06250
Senior User
I've had good luck with these people. See if they have what you need-

http://www.surpluscenter.com/electric.asp

Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 AM
redford
Received 1,550 Likes on 905 Posts
Which model of tha Autoloc linear actuator did you get?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
Originally Posted by redford
Which model of tha Autoloc linear actuator did you get?
I ordered the TONNOSD

It's the 2 Actuator kit.

I pulled the one bad one and the other lifts and lowers it ok.