Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Anybody work at a Ford dealer in Nebraska

Old 01-30-2008, 05:10 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody work at a Ford dealer in Nebraska

Hey guys i thought this would be interesting. I was wondering who all works at a Ford dealer in Nebraska weather it would be in sales or auto tech or whoever. Post up an tell us what you do an where you work at. Probably wont get any replies but who noes will see.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, sorry I just caught this, but maybe I'm the only one. I work at Swanson Ford in Ceresco as an Auto Tech. been there 2 years in March. We pulled a cab off a 08 today with a knockin/rattling 6.4, I took some pics, but I get home and guess what? I cannot find that cord for camera to cpu anywhere, ehhhhh, I'll keep lookin, when I looked through the camera today there are still christmas pics on there, should prolly find that cord and get em e-mailed to my mom someday, lol

Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Yah redneck. Hopefully nothing to serious with the truck. Keep us posted.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Sounds like it's most likely gonna get a new engine if anything is out of spec. then ford/international wants the engine to put in another truck or dyno to find the noise.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:11 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
I wanna see the pics of it without the cab!! Wasn't Ford suppose to make it easier to pull the cab for you guys, for ease of maintenance?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Yeah, I didn't do the job personally, but supposably it can be up in the air in a hour. The other mechanic did it, but he wasn't very motivated that day, so it took about 4 hours, but it was also our first time and we didn't wanna break anything. The stupid cage bolts break/turn on the body mounts and as always ford makes it a PITA to get to, but we finally got a wrench into the tube support so we could get the last one loose, the rest came out, but they're known to break I guess, especially if you use an impact, but he did it all with a breaker bar (stupid locktight) and one still broke. There we quite a few connectors, diconnects for the half dozen coolers on the front, gotta pull the master cyl. P/S pump etc. all the usual stuff if you were doing a body swap. But yes it is essentially made to be easier, if you tried it on a 6.0 or 7.3 it would be bad b/c it wasn't designed that way. The 6.4 ford made bigger then the hood opening (oops) so.... this is the future I guess (Ford does this kinda crap b/c they don't want shade tree mechanics tinkering with there engine, so they do make it hard on purpose to deter ppl, but even with all the special tools and manuals and what not, it's still a PITA for us to) There is a reason why the actual build engineers don't go out to the shops when things like this happen, they'd get lynch'd, instead they send what they call, "field service engineers"

Old 02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Ok, I got the pics on the cpu, but I've never put any on a thread b4, what is this scripted window stuff? Or am I doing this the hard way, if you help me out here I promise I'll give you free pictures and you can look at em as many times as you want.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Probably the easiest way to post them is to put them in a gallery. You can create on in your user cp, then upload the pics. After they are in your gallery, you will see a link under each pic saying "forum codes. for displaying in a post". Click on this, copy the code, then you can paste that code in a post, and it will show up as the picture.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
6.4 Pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
brown 4x4
Posting Guru
Wow, 4 hours is even impressive! I would love doing something like that. Looks like it will be much easier to work on with the cab off. Isn't the cab generally removed for major work on the 6.0 also?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
No, I've pulled heads on a 6.0 in the truck, most ppl pull the engine out to do any major work like heads, it's suppose to be easier I guess. You can do a lot of engine work "engine in truck" on the 6.0, no real need to remove the cab. The 6.0 looks bad, but once you get the crap tore off on top the engine is like a foot down and looks so tiny, especially with it's giant heads off.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
gquinn8516
Elder User
Did the customer keep the truck? If I saw my new truck without a Cab I think I may be wanting another one!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:40 PM
brown 4x4
Posting Guru
I personally would rather have the cab removed and be guaranteed the work was done right rather than having corners cut or contamination due to working in tight spaces. I know I feel a lot better about my work when it's right in front of me rather than somewhere that's hard to reach or hard to clean up properly.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Yeah the customer had been coming in about 3 times a day. He kinda did want Ford to buy it back, but they wouldn't give him any money for the chrome, box cover, toolbox, mudflaps, 5th wheel, etc. (any accesories that were put on) plus I think they dock $0.30 a mile, so he'd loose about $4500 dollars, plus he had gotten a good dent in left rear of the box and a cracked windsheild already. I guess if you pull off the front clip you are supposed to be able to remove the engine, it's all and all like working on a van, except there's no doghouse in a truck, so they just figure why not yank the whole cab.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
So how many miles on the truck? So whats the next step? Definitly need a flip up hood like semi trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody work at a Ford dealer in Nebraska