S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

It's FRIDAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's FRIDAY!!!

Shoot the squirrel, take the beer, make squirrel chili!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Now that right thar is funny, funny, funny.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TGIF for sure.

If you guys wanted something to do and you are in the OC area. You might want to tag a long on this scheduled for Sat.

Saturday January 26th – Oh Canada! EVERYBODY IS WELCOME

Everything is set for this January event for Pickups Limited. Besides having our Gary Pratt and our other guests from Canada, Travis Noack Editor the editor of StreetTrucks Magazine will be joining us riding shotgun with Steve Stillwell (thanks Donna for letting Steve out of his cage on your anniversary). Our list of host drivers and trucks include Dusty, Rich, Rudy, Dale, Jeff, Don, Ted, and me. Wil Willis may be driving in for this event but it looks like I need one more truck. Is there anybody out there?????????

All stops have been confirmed and the plan below outlines where we will be and our approximate time table so you can join us along the way if you cannot spend the full day with us. I may change the lunch stop pending some construction that is currently taking up a bunch of the parkin glot at Rocky Cola.

Here is our starting point at 5:30am SHARP! IF IT IS A RAINY DAY, WE WILL START FROM THIS LOCATION AT 8:00am!

Desert Palm Suites in Anaheim
631 W KATELLA AVE Anaheim, CA 92802

Then it is off to…………………..

5:30 - Donut Derelicts – There is no question that we need to arrive here early. By 6:15 many times there is no parking at all so DEPARTURE TIME at your hotel will need to be no later than 5:30am (ouch! At least it is not so bad for you guys from an Eastern Time zone!) http://www.donutderelicts.com/. Also at this location is Vintage Ford Parts which may be opened before we need to leave.
Corner of Magnolia and Adams in Huntington Beach.

7:30 - Irvine - Cars & Coffee -Ford - PAG - Mazda Campus - 7905 Gateway Blvd. - 7AM - 9AM -
7905 Gateway Blvd. Irvine, CA92618

9:00 – CW Moss http://www.cwmoss.com/index.htm & Reid's Rod Parts http://www.reidsrodparts.com/index.html – Orange, CA -- These are shops are actually in the same building. Cool spots as CW Moss is a long standing Ford parts house and Reid’s is a large dealer for all of the So Cal Speed Shop products.
402 & 424 W. Chapman Ave. Orange, CA 92866

10:00 – Truck Shop / Car Shop http://www.truckandcarshop.com/ - you guys might know of Oval Enterprises, the guys that create a ton of F-100 sheet metal parts. Well these are the same guys. With a ton of Ford stuff to look at, there is three times the amount of Chevy parts at their store up front! The Chevy store is at 739 North Batavia Orange, CA 92868 with the Ford store in the next building behind it on Nicolas Ave.

11:00 – Flat Out Engineering – This is the company that created the cross members that make it possible to install that late model Corvette suspension system in our Effie’s. The owner Donnie McNeil will be our host.
633 W. Katella, Orange, CA 92867

12:15 – A tour of Phil Reid’s private collection – Phil is an old friend of mine that owns a business in Santa Fe Springs that does hard chroming and grinding processes for automotive and other industries. Through the years Phil has gathered over 25 vintage automobiles and restored them himself. This is a true treat and I hope we will be able to see this collection.
9128 Dice Road in Santa Fe Springs

1:00 - Rocky Cola Café, Whittier, CA – You guessed it. It is a great place to eat with a 50’s atmosphere. Uptown Whittier has a ton of classic buildings with a vintage business area that is fun to see. There is a large parking lot in the rear that should be just fine for all of us.
6757 Greenleaf Ave Whittier, CA 90601

I will have route maps for everybody on the day of the event so if we get separated there should not be a problem. There is a cruise night later at Farmer Boy’s in Brea. Some of us will attend this after we have had a chance to kiss our wives and get a nap, but this will be an optional event that is easy for you guys to get to. Starting time is around 5:30pm.

If we happen to have rain that day, the only thing that will change is the first two events. We will begin at 8:00 if there is rain as everything else is indoors and should not be a problem although it has been my experience that guys will still be at the Donut Shop in the rain!

Let me know if you will be joining us so that I can give our hosts a head count.

LET’S GO CRUISIN!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for posting that, Ed. I think I'll try to pick you guys up at Reid's and then over to Rocky Cola - I'm going to visit my sis and she lives up that way.

Hey Russ - OLD STYLE? :-x13 :-x13

Old 01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
jake08
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Ed; The old girl is out of service. The headers are on,.but nothing else.A mite loud.