Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Weight

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Weight

I stepped on the scales the other day and I almost fainted. Needless to say I am pushing Maximum Density. I could afford to lose about 20lbs. What I am looking for is tricks for this venture. Any help would be helpful.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
You mean besides stop eating????

Eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day.

Limit TV to 2 hours a day.

Exercise 1 hour a day

Last edited by glruff; 01-09-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:04 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Stay off the forums......?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Where did ya see that???

Besides your fingers need exercise, maybe that counts.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Talk about scary.....The sponsored link is TomNicoli.com, a weight loss guru. Too funny.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

Eat a lot of celery, its negative calories. You body uses more calories to digest it then the celery provides

Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Just plain celery? Not celery covered in peanut butter or ranch dressing?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
I think he means plain........lol

Old 01-10-2008, 05:09 AM
SCRWDRVR
"Obsessed"

Yes plain celery, most everything people put on it is fattening

Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Pony Hauler
Senior User
green tea helps

They sell green tea capsules that help to curve your appetite.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 305 Likes on 280 Posts
Watch your portion sizes. A portion of meat should be about the size of your fist. Eat lots of veggies and fruits. Don't snack late at night (past 9 p.m.) Watch your fat intake (ie butter, greasy foods) I use the Smart Balance stuff in place of butter except for popcorn which gets the real stuff. Lay off of the soda, especially Coke and Pepsi as they are LOADED with major amounts of sugar. I personally use Splenda as a substitute for sugar. Drink lots and lots of water (it helps to keep you filled up - but it sure makes you need to make frequent trips to the bathroom Don't eat in front of the TV and take your time eating. As mentioned exercise, work up to 3 -5 times a week.

If you feel that you are at Maximum Density with the need to drop 20 lbs., then I am at EXTREME Maximum Density as I would like to drop another 100 lbs. before I am finished. I have been going to a dietician for about a year and a half and so far have lost about 30 lbs. total. These are things that she has told me to do. One other that she has recommended for me is to have a small mid morning and mid afternoon snack (usually yogurt or gronola bars, under 100 calories each snack). I have a tendency to eat too much food at lunch and dinner because I feel like I am staving and the snack seems to be the trick for me.

ETA: I try to keep my daily calorie intake around 1500. If you blow it one day, just make sure to get back into the swing and stay with it. My dietician said that it is okay to splurge once awhile, don't feel guilty about it.

Last edited by tiny1; 01-11-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Thanks for the good tips Neil. My big problem is that I don't eat right. I am a snacker. Give me a soda and a candy bar and I am good for lunch or dinner. When I do eat lunch it is usually Mickie D's or the King. I just have to become more disciplined.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Foxxy
lil ms. innocent
Lean cuisine, fruits, cut out the alot of the carbs, not all of em.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:02 AM
phil6608
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tiny1
Watch your portion sizes. A portion of meat should be about the size of your fist. Eat lots of veggies and fruits. Don't snack late at night (past 9 p.m.) Watch your fat intake (ie butter, greasy foods) I use the Smart Balance stuff in place of butter except for popcorn which gets the real stuff. Lay off of the soda, especially Coke and Pepsi as they are LOADED with major amounts of sugar. I personally use Splenda as a substitute for sugar. Drink lots and lots of water (it helps to keep you filled up - but it sure makes you need to make frequent trips to the bathroom Don't eat in front of the TV and take your time eating. As mentioned exercise, work up to 3 -5 times a week.

If you feel that you are at Maximum Density with the need to drop 20 lbs., then I am at EXTREME Maximum Density as I would like to drop another 100 lbs. before I am finished. I have been going to a dietician for about a year and a half and so far have lost about 30 lbs. total. These are things that she has told me to do. One other that she has recommended for me is to have a small mid morning and mid afternoon snack (usually yogurt or gronola bars, under 100 calories each snack). I have a tendency to eat too much food at lunch and dinner because I feel like I am staving and the snack seems to be the trick for me.

ETA: I try to keep my daily calorie intake around 1500. If you blow it one day, just make sure to get back into the swing and stay with it. My dietician said that it is okay to splurge once awhile, don't feel guilty about it.
I have the (drinking a lot of water)thing down pat.
But I need to work on the rest....lol

Old 01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 305 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by defyrftr
Thanks for the good tips Neil. My big problem is that I don't eat right. I am a snacker. Give me a soda and a candy bar and I am good for lunch or dinner. When I do eat lunch it is usually Mickie D's or the King. I just have to become more disciplined.
No problem Doug... I also am not very disciplined and that is why I go about every 4 -6 weeks to my dietician as a followup and that she has a scale that can weigh my large self. It also makes me accountable to someone and I get pointers from her.

For example. I ended up putting about 10 lbs. on between Thanksgiving and New Years. I know that that time of year is bad for me. I try to stick to what I should be doing but stray. Now it is time for me to get back in line. My short term goal here is to drop the 10 that I put on.

Quick Reply: Weight