Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Tonneau Cover to buy???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
lkn4x4girl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Tonneau Cover to buy???

Has anyone ever used or heard of a K-Cover tonneau cover? I am searching for a fold-up tonneau cover for my 2007 F150 SC and came across the K-Cover, but can't find any other info about it. Whick would be better...a BAK-Flip or a K-Cover?

Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
tank55
Senior User
I'm using the retrax going on 2 years and it looks and works like new.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My aunt has a undercover tonneau cover, it is a lightweight hard tonneau cover that comes off easily and will hang up on the wall.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I've got the Undercover and like it alot. It's way easy to install and easy to take off when I need the extra space. It can also hold like 250lbs on it...few others can do that.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 AM
n126531
New User
I have the lund genesis tri-fold, super easy install and take off in less than 2 minutes. Almost two years and not a problem. It is a soft cover fyi.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
I just put the bakflip on my '06 Lariat about a week ago. Quick, easy, no-nonsense installation, the fit and finish is great. It's low profile and looks great on the truck. As a fold up it has multiple capability since you can fold, 1,2,3 or all 4 sections. It can be used as a seat and even as a advertising signpost.And it can be removed easy.

The real test came today as torrential rains moved in. I've been out in it all day and have checked the bed 3-4 times. Each time it's dry as a bone. A few drops of water around the tailgate (might add some weather strip there) and on one wheel well where I think the outside weather strip hasn't laid down completely flat yet. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:09 PM
clintonvillian
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
How do the side rails attach to the bedsides?

Old 05-05-2022, 11:29 AM
Romark
Cross-Country
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Diamondback 100% Won't own anything else. Vault like security. I've got one that is 7 years old on my '15 F-150, and a new one on my new F250.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:45 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
I had a Truxedo roll-up cover. As with all soft covers, it flapped in the wind, and at high speeds. It's nemesis was the sun. First, the glue holding the velcro to the side rails dried out and disintegrated. Pieces of the velcro crumbled apart and came off. Truxedo sent new rails. Not exactly a replacement part. It was a piece of plastic, with velcro glued on. The same approximate length as the side rails. The instructions were to lay it on top of the original side rails, and screw it onto the worn side rails. It seemed to work. Next was the velcro on the cover. The stitches broke. Velcro still held onto velcro. But the vinyl cover was now flapping open at various points where stitches were broken. There was an opening almost a meter long on either side. Nobody gets a vinyl cover for security. But rain was getting in. Truxedo would not send another vinyl cover replacement. The cover had a 5 year warranty. It lasted 9 years.

Then I bought a Rugged Liner tri-fold hard cover. It is still structurally intact. I broke one of the latches. Maybe I'm just very heavy handed. Maybe the cover should be manufactured with stronger latching hardware. Rugged Liner sent new hardware. The cover came with a 3 year warranty. I've had it for 6 years.

I bought the cover for under $200 in 2016. I would not buy it today for over $1,200.

I liked the idea of a roll-up cover. Keeps things dry. And when I had a large item, it rolls up. If you had to pick up large items, a solid cover would need to be removed completely, then reinstalled later. A tri-fold hard cover is a little stronger than the soft roll-up, but not as convenient. Now, I have to remove the cover, and reinstall it again. At least it folds up for storage. I wouldn't know what to do with a full size, single piece cover. I just don't have storage. I live in an apartment. No garage space. I park on the street. I wouldn't even be able to get something that size in the elevator. And It probably would be impossible to walk it down the hallway, then turn it at a right angle, to go through a doorway. It would be crazy to remove it, leave it on the sidewalk, and hope that nobody steals it.

Old 07-13-2023, 09:57 AM
Aftrmidnite
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I will never own another Lund as long as I live. When I originally bought my Lund Hardtop, I bought a Lifetime Warranty from Lund. Well the Latches broke. They Refused to fix it, parts no longer available, must of broke due to abuse. I fixed it by getting parts off of the Internet and custom building the new Cable System. I then realized how dangerous the old latching system was. The Hinge has failed, and it releases the top on the drivers side. Again they refused a fix or replacement, with parts no longer available. I like the folding cover I have on my newer 2017 but it has started leaking. I’ve fixed it by adding Refrigerant Line Foam Tape cut long ways to the the Bed Rails. Would like to be able to replace the foam corner, and fold point seals, but Ford doesn’t offer the parts. It looks identical to a Gator Top, do you know if they offer parts and seals.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:32 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Back when I was looking for a cover all I found was over-priced junk, hinges that would break and a latching system that was a joke....so built my own out of aluminum. 17 years and still going strong!

Old 07-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Btmanpa
8th Gear
RealTruck Gator SFX Tri-Fold.

Old 07-16-2023, 02:06 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,288 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Undercover #2090, pebble grain, tough, easy to remove and hang up with a helper. I've walked on it. Closed I've carried furniture, even a larger drop in bed liner for my '77 on it ... but it was secured well. Open in back is OK if taking trash cans to dumpster, just cinch it down on can lids, cans next to tailgate. The two latches can be locked if desired.

Bought this hardcover in 2010, still super in 2023. The truck had a roll up Truxedo Low Pro QT when bought, it's stored away now.

I saw a video of a guy wallowing around on a Truxedo Low Pro QT, but I never tried it. It's release was caught by the tailgate so locking the tail gate locked it all.

Old 08-04-2023, 02:48 PM
Nevets Negah
5th Wheeling
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Romark
Diamondback 100% Won't own anything else. Vault like security. I've got one that is 7 years old on my '15 F-150, and a new one on my new F250.
As much as I'd love picking one up myself, it's unfortunate that I can't as it pretty much renders this useless, and I plan on needing access to it weekly if not daily at times.

Diamondbacks are da'bomb, though!