2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

remote locking system

Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
mowpar
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool remote locking system

I know that this a long shot but I have to try.

I have purchased a remote locking system to install on my 98 f150, ad said easy to understand instructions. When I opened the packaging, the first thing I see is a sentence explaining that this should be installed by a professional.

I do not no where to go to find a professional remote locking device installer, I did not know this person existed.

This is the long shot: If there is someone within the sound of my voice who can intall this thing, I would gladly pay you what is needed to do this.

I live in the eastern panhandle of wv

The last person I had install something for me of this nature around here, was a mechanic. The product was a remote starter, I askied him if he knew how to install such a thing and he said yes, to quickly I found out.

He charged me over 300 dollars to put it on, I believe he learned to put this on by reading the instructions and learning as he went, charging me by the hour as he learned.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 434 Likes on 319 Posts
anywhere that does Remote car starters and Car alarms should be able to do this for you no problem. Many of those devices also handle your door locks, so they will be familiar with this stuff.

If you live outside the larger cities, you may have to search around a little to find someone like this.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:11 AM
mowpar
Junior User
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
anywhere that does Remote car starters and Car alarms should be able to do this for you no problem. Many of those devices also handle your door locks, so they will be familiar with this stuff.

If you live outside the larger cities, you may have to search around a little to find someone like this.
I do live in a rural area, its called West Virginia, and I have lived here a long time. I have never heard of anyone that installs these things, around here.

I do not know if I am searching for a mechanic (been there paid for that) or should I be looking for an electronics company.

Thanks very much for your help, if the big city were not so far away I would take it there. Question if I were to look for a place on line, what would I type in the google bar to locate such a place? I am going to the Ford Garage to ask them if they can do it.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Tmod700
Senior User
Look for places that sell and install stereo equipment as they normally sell alarms as well. They should be able to install it for you.

The dealer should be able to install it but they will charge a premium price.

Tmod

Old 11-22-2007, 02:23 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Never been to West Virgina, so I wasn't aware that it was so rural. I'm 2200 miles away (google maps). http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=west%20virginia%20to%20calgary%20 alberta

A mechanic isn't really your best bet. As has been mentioned, anyone who does car stereos should be able to help.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:50 PM
mowpar
Junior User
Thanks for your help and info. Yes, West Virginia is as rural a state as it gets, called the mountain state. Closest big city 100 miles away Pittsburg Pa.

I have been out of the country once in my life time, and it was this past summer into Canada via Niagra Falls. If the Canadian side were not there not one would ever go there. Just my opinion. As there is not much to do on the New York side, except go to the Canadian side.

Thanks again and I really like your country but not in the winter. I spent a year in Fairbanks, got tired of doing everything inside for six months.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:05 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Google lists Niagra Falls Ontario as about 200 miles away from me as well.

I've been there, and it's pretty, but not really worth the trip. But I'm biased, I like everything better out west.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 PM
mowpar
Junior User
good luck to you out west, nice talking to ya! I have a Ford Truck but must admit I am a mopar fanantic

Search this Thread