Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

We want to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving. My wife & I are headed 550 miles north to spend the holiday with my wife's parents & family. We are picking up a car they gave us.
The last 3 years we have been in snow & cold for Thanksgiving. It just doesn't feel much like winter here. The weather has been outstanding. Going home we will get a small dose of cold. It is in the 40s during the days and the 20s at night.
Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Craig

Old 11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
where are you headed of to? we are spending 5 days at Alamo lake fishing. I bought a new turkey fryer for the turkey, I hope the weather stays warm.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kermmydog and Helifixer, Happy Thanksgiving Yea the weather is to change around here on turkey day High in the 60's and into the low 40's at night But thats for Tucson. so it might be changing on that day. I have never been to Alamo lake I here it's nice fishing there, I just picked up a boat a 21 ft searay that needs some tlc I hope to have it in the water by next year, I also have a 15 ft Glasstron with a older 500 mercury OB I love the water and love fishing. Too bad theres not more lakes around, When I was a kid my family owned a house boat at Roosevelt I use to stay there all week sometimes. untill the dingy floated away, we never did find that little thing. Have A safe Holiday guy's

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
we are planning several trips in the spring to Alamo, I will let you know what dates and maby we can meet up on one weekend. I love fishing Alamo in the spring this pic is the large mouth Bass from one morning, the stringer of crapi was already cleaned when this pic was taken.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Very nice! That must be your Family? My wife and I also have 2 kids, 17 y/o boy and a 11 y/o girl. To me It looks like you know how to catch not fish,lol The only time we caught that many bass we were at Canyon lake, that was about 3 years ago, Infact I plum wore out my old johnson 40 hp making the trip all the way back to the dam, lol its about 9 miles back in the river, Very cool place a little beach some trails to hike and from our home in tucson we can be on the water in 2.5 hrs.
From what I have read, Alamo lake is Great for crapie Does Alamo have a boat ramp and Marina yet ? looks like my smaller boat would be perfect for Alamo, Let me know when and we can plan somthing

Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by helifixer
where are you headed of to? we are spending 5 days at Alamo lake fishing. I bought a new turkey fryer for the turkey, I hope the weather stays warm.
We are headed to Yerington Nv. It is located about 80 miles south east of Reno.
Yea we like Lincoln Co Nv. My wife almost took a job there. But you know you are right next to the Nevada Test Site. Very close to where all the atomic testing was done. St George Utah has a very high cancer rate because of the test site when all the activity in the 40s & 50s was happening. That wasn't why she didn't take it. It is just TOO far to shop & etc. We have lived in real remote areas & I like it, but it does get hard when you have to travel 100 miles to shop etc.
Craig

Old 11-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to fish the private ponds around where I live when I knew someone who knew EVERYBODY. We'd get strings of bass like that, but there were also snappy turtles that would sneak up on a stringer and tear all the fish to pieces if you didn't watch for the bubbles they made coming after them.

It became equal parts fishing and snapper hunting.

And WE have it easy.

The private ponds in Mississippi have GATORS in them...

Old 11-23-2007, 05:25 AM
leefnm
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin folks,

Hope you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving. I'm glad to hear some fishing talk on the thread, I've seen a few boats around Tucson but have no idea where they are going with the boats. We are still transitioning to the Tucson area and have enjoyed fishing Kolob lake and Lake Powell up in this area. Let me know where you fellas like to go around Tucson.

Lee

Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Hey Lee, We had Turkey for Thanksgiving...The store was all out of Pleasant's
Hahaha
as far as Going to the lake. the shortest trip is to Patagonia lake, It's down by Nogales... But if you ask me not worth the Gas to go, We go to Canyon Lake most times. Only once this year back in May, We caught some bass, chanel cat, and sun fish. You know all this talk bout fishin makes me want to go!!!