Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Been busy the past week, picking up another truck

Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Been busy the past week, picking up another truck

I've been so busy the past week I haven't had a chance to pop into the L forum and see what's up. Unusual for me since I usually stop by at least once a day, most times twice.

But I have an excuse! My L is down right now (long story...will cover that in another thread...when I get my new engine!) and my old work truck, a tired, worn out '94 F150 XLT wasn't cutting it anymore.

My original plans had been to give the '94 to my son when he gets his license in a few months, but unfortunately the truck developed wayyyy too many problems.

When I bought the '94 a few years back, it was already beat to heck, so it wouldn't have been worth it to sink money into the old gal to get he back into fighting shape. So instead, I picked up a 2003 F150 XLT extended cab!

Now, I know this is the L forum, so to keep this thread on track, when I get my new WMS stage 4 engine for the L, I'm thinking about tearing down my old engine to see what happened to it (I'm pretty sure it ate a piston ring), checking to see if it can be fixed (as long as the cylinder wall is in good shape), rebuilding it, and maybe sticking it in this new-to-me '03 I just picked up!

Heh, heh...wouldn't my son love that!

Luckily, if I do go that route, Mike at Madenterprise is only an hour or so north of me. Since he sells the conversion kist for these baby's, I'd naturally be going with him.

Anyway, in searching the 'net for a replacement F150, staying up late and running checks on all the trucks I found online, etc, etc, I haven't had time to poke my head in and see what's up!

Seems like quite a bit of reading has been posted. Gonna have to check it out this coming week!

You can see the truck here at Cars.com if the ad is still up.

Stew's F150

EDIT: Nevermind. They removed the ad.

Stewart

Search this Thread