New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Sorry I was haven't been online

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 AM
littlesunray
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I was haven't been online

Sorry for not being on here for awhile alot of stuff was going on for the past 2 months between my oldest daughter and then me getting burned with 1st and 2nd degree burns I smelled gas down in our basement and I did not see the piolet lite on the furance and I turned the gas off and waited a while then tried to relight the piolet and well I got hit with backdraft was caused that was there was a hiccup in the line so the gas fumes built up and when I relite it, it backflashed on me so I was out of work for 10 days went to see the plastic surgeon 4 days after it happen and he was totally amazed how well I was healing so right now all I have is alittle red marks on my neck and right arm and alittle on my face. And from all this I told Mike I do not feel safe in thi house anymore so we just moved in to an apartment this week and got internet back up yeah I wa lot with out it for 2 months lol. Mike is doing fine by the way too jut to let everyone know how he are doing.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:37 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Glad you and daughter are ok, it could have been nasty. Time for a good furnace check-up and cleaning. Gas can create soot and cause problems.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
glad to hear youre ok you got lucky it seems every week you hear something about gas leaks and their results..

Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
ameritaz3038
Elder User
I see my wife brought everybody up to date. It was a damn same what had happened to her. My stress level got so high I had to get away as I was getting violent. So I went and spent the past 2 monthes in the woods. I seen Melissa almost everyday. If you ever read "Walden Pond" by George Henry Therough (not sure if it spelled last name right), I was kind of like that.

Last edited by ameritaz3038; 10-21-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
I'm glad everyone is going to be ok. ya'll will be stronger for it.
Cherish all your tomorrows for they will become todays.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad it wasn't worse..it may well have been. lesson learned, if you smell gas get out and call the utility from someone elses house. do not re enter.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
freevilleron
Freshman User
[QUOTE=lenny1carl]glad it wasn't worse..it may well have been. lesson learned, if you smell gas get out and call the utility from someone elses house. do not re . i agree that is something you dont mess around with [ /QUOTE]

Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM
littlesunray
Elder User
Oh trust me I''ve learned my lesson,to bad I had to learn it the hard way lol. Things have been going all wrong for me since then though I hope things turn for the better soon. First it was the problem with my daughter then me getting burned then we moved then after all this my boss has been acting like a jerk this past Sunday I took off work so we can finish moving he tells me that he needed a excuse for me not coming in and if I don't have one don't bother coming in all week so this week I have put my name in all over and then the pat few nights my ulcurse or something has been bothering me can't go to dr's am with out insurance at the moment. So needless to say me and Mike have been going crazy with our lives lately Like I said I hope things turn around for us soon. And thank you for those that have posted Me and Mike have enjoyed the thoughts lol Sorry for misspelled words on here tonight ok.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Wow!!!! I haven't been on in over a week due to work and family obligations and come back to hear about this. I really do hope things get better for both you and Mike.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
littlesunray
Elder User
well thank you for the concern, tonight after dinner our boys went into the living room and were sitting at Mike's computer desk and we do not know what they done to his desktop computer cause when he went to go on it the keyboard and mouse don't work and on the screen he gets nothing it is in power saving mode and we hooked up another monitor to it and same thing he is about to go crazy now the boys say they did not touch it but if they didn't what the heck happened then lol he told them no more computers for them til he say and they got mad and went into their room. so in other words we can say we are doing crappy lol. but again thanks for the concern everyone lol.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Melissa - all I can say is it has to get better. It seems that you are able to laugh at your troubles so that is helpful. Good luck to you and your family.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
littlesunray
Elder User
yeah I can laugh at the problems but at times I just feel like I want to just sit down and cry that's how bad it is at times though. I don't know if I should cry or laugh anymore though.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Hang in there Melissa. I know it is tough and it seems like both you and Mike have been having a bad streak of luck at the moment. Things have to get better for you.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:39 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by littlesunray
well thank you for the concern, tonight after dinner our boys went into the living room and were sitting at Mike's computer desk and we do not know what they done to his desktop computer cause when he went to go on it the keyboard and mouse don't work and on the screen he gets nothing it is in power saving mode and we hooked up another monitor to it and same thing he is about to go crazy now the boys say they did not touch it but if they didn't what the heck happened then lol he told them no more computers for them til he say and they got mad and went into their room. so in other words we can say we are doing crappy lol. but again thanks for the concern everyone lol.
It sounds like Mikes pc is in the hybernate mode. Do a full power down for a minute or so, then plug it back in. Hopefuly that is all that is wrong.

Both of you, stay strong. It will get better.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
littlesunray
Elder User
well about the computer let's see when he got home from work he called Dell and they talked him threw it it all turned out to be that the memory cards got bumpted out of place and that was it lol go figure all that just cause the memory cards were out of place. and for our bad luck I do hope for our sakes it does turn around fast lol.

Quick Reply: Sorry I was haven't been online