The Big Biodiesel Scam!!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
archangel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Big Biodiesel Scam!!!!!

This was my quote from a tuning thread but it would be better over here I think.

Originally Posted by archangel
Well I got the SOY based Biodiesel, and after running it until the engine started making that (you are out of fuel now stupid) noise, pulled over, added the 3 gallons of Biodiesel I had in 2 gas cans and went home to top it off and have been running it all day today and put on about 40 miles or so.

DAMN!!!

1: Both my daughter and I swear it runs quieter!

2: The nasty raw fuel smell is mostly gone!

3: The smoke on cold start-up is less than half of what it was on DinoDiesel!

4: The idle smooths out faster right after cold startup!

5: The slight smoke on warm startup is gone!

6: And it feels like its running stronger, but all this might be from the BioDiesel cleaning things out (as all the Biodiesel Info online said it would) rather than the fuel itself, but the info sheet they gave me when I got it also said to expect more power with the Biodiesel!

7: All this and it's the right kind of fuel ecologically speaking?

I am 100% sold on biodiesel!
Well now.
After running it down to empty to get as much of the DINODIESEL/BIODIESEL mixture out of it I can, and then topping it off with the straight BIODIESEL, and after running the full tank of BIO down to 1/4 I still get the Dinodiesel exhaust smell, although not as much, but it's still there, just like the smoke issue.

Well, it appears the person at the fuel counter that told me it was 100% SoyBiodiesel did not know what they were talking about as after calling them back I found out that their "BIODIESEL" is only an 11% blend!

W.T.F?

They put 10% Ethanol in Gasoline and still call it Gasoline, not Ethanol!

And after taking a closer look on that stupid (perhaps I should now call it silly) silly little Biodiesel finder web site, it seems all you need is 2% Biodiesel added and they call it Biodiesel, and none of them have more than 11%!

THAT'S 89% OF THAT SAME OLD DINOCRAP!

They should call it "Blended" or B11 as it's not 100% Biodiesel, hell, I'd even be happy if it were 85% Biodiesel like Ethanol is 85% and it's called E85!

The pump had warning signs on them like "BEWARE THIS IS TOTALY DIFFERENT" but nowhere did it say it was only 11 friggen %!

I feel a little, scamed, cheated, or mislead!
How can adding 11% (hardly more than a drop) of Biodiesel make Dinodiesel into Biodiesel?

They act as if if it's such a big thing (OOOOO, LOOK, BIODIESEL)!

The inprovement I saw so far makes me wonder how much better it would be on 100% Biodiesel!

I guess it's a step in the right direction, but it made me feel like the big oil company was watching while I purchased it thinking it was pure and was snickering behind my back!

Anyone know where I could get some B100?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
I've filled up with B99 more often than not this year and it seems to drive about the same for me.

Have you checked out the biodiesel.org website?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
archangel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
I've filled up with B99 more often than not this year and it seems to drive about the same for me.

Have you checked out the biodiesel.org website?
Well, it sent me to that same Bio-trucker web site I have beel looking at and there are only a couple selling up to B20, but after looking it over again I did fine the one place in the whole state of Illinois that is listed selling B100.

Back in CA there seems to be B99 or B100 everywhere!

I wonder how much they charge per gallon as fuel there is more than a little higher than it is out my way.

5 minutes south of where I am I can get Diesel (B11 no less) for almost .40¢ a gallon cheaper than in Joliet.

If I'm going to drive my big old truck all the way to Chicago just to fuel up, I'll need to add that extra 50 gallon rear fuel tank I'm planing to build so I might not have to head out there so often.

Gateway Auto
160 N Elizabeth St (1300W)
Chicago, IL 60607
312-733-6543

Fred/Shadi/Bill

8-5 weekdays, 9-1 Saturday prefer 5-20g sales

Last edited by archangel; 10-19-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 PM
faststang94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares if its 11% its 11% less money thats going to iran and iraq and to other countries that we dont have good relations with. personally id rather have a blend like that for the winter. whatever b99 i put in my truck has caused it to run like crap either they dont know how to make it or something is just suddenly wrong with my truck. either way. id rather run a blend other than b99 in the winter time

Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
The thing i dont like about additives like ethanol or soy diesel in regular fuels, is that they are still chargeing just as much for the blend.
e85 is in the 250-3 dollar range also. So. WTF? I know its cheeper to make.
It is a scam in a way. They are makeing more money off us by selling us a cheeper product at a lame price.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:43 AM
archangel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Talyn
The thing i dont like about additives like ethanol or soy diesel in regular fuels, is that they are still chargeing just as much for the blend.
e85 is in the 250-3 dollar range also. So. WTF? I know its cheeper to make.
It is a scam in a way. They are makeing more money off us by selling us a cheeper product at a lame price.
Some times I think everything in this world is a scam!

The place selling the B100 in Chicago told me it was $3.75 a gallon for the local Biodiesel club members and $4.00 a gallon for the rest of us!

Regular Diesel or B11 is only $3.05 to $3.35 a gallon out here depending on where you get it!

I guess I could get 5 gallons just for cleaning and testing the new"ish" injectors.

I wish there was a local farmer out here, that I knew I could trust to make it right, that I could buy it from.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM
tj.brewster
Senior User
www.nearbio.com to find retailers

Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
firesoutmatt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by archangel
Some times I think everything in this world is a scam!

The place selling the B100 in Chicago told me it was $3.75 a gallon for the local Biodiesel club members and $4.00 a gallon for the rest of us!

Regular Diesel or B11 is only $3.05 to $3.35 a gallon out here depending on where you get it!

I guess I could get 5 gallons just for cleaning and testing the new"ish" injectors.

I wish there was a local farmer out here, that I knew I could trust to make it right, that I could buy it from.
Come over the line and we can get you any percent bio you want.
Bio is less than ULSD and if your paying more thats not right.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:36 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been running B20 through my truck the last couple of weeks, no noticeable difference..other than the piece of mind that I've taken 20% profit out of a Arab's pocket. Too bad there aren't more locations in my area to buy at least B20....B50 would be great if I could find it on that site.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
dakotajeep
Laughing Gas
I know mine runs quieter on a mix of bioD......but I got an older 7.3IDI.....

Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
Prices here are 3.45 for the B99 and 3.75 for the #2. I'd like to see some competition in the area for the customer base. San Jose is a huge metropolitan area and right in Silicon Valley with millions of people, most of whom want to do the right thing. There's one pump that I know of and I go there. I know they have another one in Santa Cruz now though that's "over the hill" on HWY 17.

I also live low enough in CA that B99 is fine in the winter. It takes my truck about an extra half second to start on the Bio.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
dakotajeep
Laughing Gas
Wow, longer to start? Mine was very opposite....weird!!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
wine guy
New User
Soy Bio-diesel

I took a load of B-100 to the F.S. Dealer in Joliet last year. You might have to buy it in bulk is the only problem. Rermember to keep it above 40 degrees F, it gels really fast.

Drink more wine...

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
blksiryder
Elder User
ok i have a few ?? on this i got some b5 it was 3.15 then they added hazard liability ins. fee .0198 and at the bottom of the slip they have

fet 23 gal $.2440 = $5.16
fost 23 gal $ .0012 = .03
lif 23 gal .0013 = .03
set 23 gal .2000 = 4.60

so in all i paid 3.61 a gal what is all this? taxes? and if so what for. i was thinking that b5 would be a little more like 3.15 when dino was 3.05(and it was at the time now 3.35. for the extra 15 $ a tank i'll just keep on burning dino guts. but pack to my question what are all the taxes for or meen?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 PM
digitalcm
New User
BD Scam...

Fortunatley, I live in Houston, TX and there are several places to get the real stuff. I've just started with B99 mixed half and half with petro diesel. Truck runs definitely quieter, but my CEL came on. I read the code and it was the ICP sensor code P2285. I'm wondering if this is related to the biodiesel? I've cleared the code and will check the ICP sensor for any leaks.BTW, I paid 2.95 per gallon for the BD last Thursday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Big Biodiesel Scam!!!!!