Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM
sckootter578
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

whats up guys I need some help finding a trans for a friend he is tryin to get a 1993 f-150 4x4 v6 on the road for his son who just turned 16. the trans is a 5 speed he is saying it is a metric trans. and places are telling him there are two diffrent kinds of bellhousings on this trany a diamond or waffle cone bell housing . I dont know if it is a pattern thing or what that has to do with the bell housing . so could the ford maniacs of pennsylvania come together and help us out please. let us know if we could us a diffrent trans from a diffrent truck or what we are at witts end hear He will get it rebuilt if he has too but it is expensive. so lets help a brother out alright thanx.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:11 PM
amish77
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I'm not sure about the metric trans, but most of these trucks had one of two trannies. The first was the ZF and the other was the Mazda M5OD (names are probably not perfect) If I had to guess I'd say that you have the M5OD, as the other was the stronger tranny, and was more commonly used in the F250. The patterns that they are talking about are more than likely the way that the gusseting on the bell housing looks. If you look at the bell housing does the pattern of raised metal look more like a square or a diamond pattern?