WHAT A WEEKEND

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy WHAT A WEEKEND

OK Guys,
I threw the the friends Quad in the truck Wednesday night. Hooked the trailer thursday and headed out Thursday night to Lincoln Rock to meet with 3 other groups. As we pull into Wenatchee we decided to Stay in the Walmart PKG lot since it was 10 P.M. instead of trying to get a spot at the campground. As my wife attempts to go to bed she ask's where her bag is. I knew where it was... On the recliner in the living room. DOH!!! so She gets over it and Heads to the Wally Wolrd in the morning for a couple of new outfits. 150.00 later she is prepared for the weekend. We head over to the campground and pull into our reserved spot to find out that the sprinkler is scheduled to douche us at 2m.
I prepare by putting my windows up, putting the patio furniture in dry location and putting the sun shade in the truck windshield. As we head into the trailer to wait out the sprinlker we have a nice mid day nap. When the sprinlkers shut off I go out to check things out. The first thing that I notice it the 3 large cracks in my windshield.DOH!!! Now, I get over it pretty quick... S happens. Well our friends show up and we all chill for about 4 hours and are down to our last 2 beers when our other friends show up with refreshments. In the morinig I sober up and get the boat in the water. I take all the kids for an hour run and then the adults for an hour and 1/2 run up the river. I go back to camp and we all get a little tipsy. The kids want to go for a last run before dark and I agree. I fire up the boat and we head up the river. When wqe get about 7 miles up we are running about 45 MPH and the engine just quits dead. WTF... It cranks but won't start... WTF I pull the engine hatch with 6 kids in the boat oldest being 14 youngest being my 3 year old. the first thing i notice it the fuel filter Has no FUEL in it. My guage says 1/4 tank. ( yes I know the 1/3 rule) Yes it is too low but for the last day of my boating year i wanted to run it low. WellA couple of boats pass us by. Kids waving yellow and orange life jackets as boats pass us by, Its getting dark. Boats pulling skiirs buz by within 300ft and no one stops. The wind and current working against me keeping me in the middle of the river. I had to paddle the 19' boat to the shore... took over 1 hour with the kids in the background. Finally the boat got to a private dock and we were able to get the owners attention. I used his phone called the wifey to bring the truck and trailer to his house to get us. I backed the trailer in his backyard andonly was able to submerge the first set of rollers before my truck tires dropped off the dirt edge of his yard. So i had to winch the whole boat on the trailer. Then not tear this guys yard up getting the trailer back on dry land.( thare was a big drop from yard to water, like 16" maybe?) OK TIME TO GET DRUNK AGAIN.
Sunday morining after brkfst we are cleaning up and th e wind comes whipping thru and before I could even Cuss lifted my Trailer's awning off the ground and threw it on the roof. This tore the bolts right out of the wood for one of the brackets on the roof. G*^ damn it. OK then as we go home I get into monroe My front end starts to howle and growle... Hit the 4x4 switch and the noise quits. What the? @ minutes it happens again.... WTF find out that my needle bearings on the drivers side are shot to S and now i need to get a whole new shaft and rebuild the drivers side.

So lets talley the weekend
1) forgot wif's bag 150.00
2) cracked windshield 200.00
3) busted boat (dont know why) 0.00 to 200.00
4) trailer awning damage 100.00 to 400.00
5) needle bearings in FX4 250.00 to 1200.00

all in all pretty good weekend. Came home with more beer than I left with.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Parrsboro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, im not sure if "sorry to hear the bad news" would help your mind set or not.

But ifin ya came home with all your fingers and toes it all worked out and now you got a good story to tell

And since you aquired more beer, sounds like next weekend should be a do over to try it again.

Dave

Old 09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Are You Saying I Can Use A Mulligan?

Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
You should have hung out with us Clampers on Whidbey Island....We started drinking Friday afternoon. Initiated some new members on Saturday, and finished drinking on Sun Morning...Hell of a drive back to Sequim after that.

http://washinigtonchapter.spaces.liv...&_c=PhotoAlbum

Last edited by Placermike; 09-17-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
would have worked out better for me i think. However you didnot have the weather we had either. Gosh was it gorgious....

Old 09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Parrsboro
Senior User
Do over,
Mulligan,
Repeat,
Duplicate,
Re-Occur,
Reconstruct,
Ingeminate,
How ever you see fit,
Next weekend you have a fresh start

Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
woo hoo!!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Hey Marty, I know how you feel.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:04 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
WELL, finally I got a chance to check out the boat. I pulled out the fuel sender and found the tank to be EMPTY. Seems as though it may be time for a new sending unit. Since it says I have 1/4 tank. Also I was able to put larger (5/16 bolts into the awning and gooped it all up. So all that is left is the truck. The total cost of bearings shaft (not available as a 1/2 shaft) hub and new warn premimums is 1000.00 with me doing the labor. OUCH!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:02 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Aren't you the lucky one!?!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
yeah i sure am,
My Ford parts guy told me that I may also want to purchase part number
F-LUBE-RAPE-MY-A
Apparentlly it makes the cost of doing business with Ford less painfull.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ROFLMAO..........I guess in your part of the woods you get LUBE..Around here they do it Dry.!!!

Glad to see that your getting things under control.!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd get the shafts out of a wrecking yard, pull the part number off the bearings themselves, and get those from Seattle Bearing. NSK should have something that will work in their lineup.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
I'd get the shafts out of a wrecking yard, pull the part number off the bearings themselves, and get those from Seattle Bearing. NSK should have something that will work in their lineup.
I already have a PN for the bearings. I got all of my info off the Guzzles PSD website. The shaft is 436.00 the hub if needed is 270.00 and the bearings and seals are like 50.00 and the new WARN Premimums are another 270.00.

Yeah for me