New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Very disturbing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very disturbing!!!

I am just wondering why in the name of Ford, did you people sign up for the NY chapter. Was it to just complain that nothing is going on in your backyard. I will be the first to admit , that we as a whole are very busy in our daily lives. Fine, you don't or care not to drive many miles for a G2G. I understand that, But what are your reasons for, at the very least, stoppin here for a [hey how yah doin guys] If you people are waiting for someone to hold your hand. That aint happenin. I'm really glad none of you are on my Bowling, or Dart league, cause for sure we would have lost by default.
Sorry Darren, someone had to speak up.
Now time for a beer.

Edit; sorry for the rant.

Last edited by tewferford; 09-12-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Time stamp. 7 people looked, no one said a word.
Carl, Help me out here!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

Are you unhappy that more people don't post in the NY chapter?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dcf4x4
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

Are you unhappy that more people don't post in the NY chapter?
Yes, Where is the camaraderie that the other chapters have? I would love to get to know some of our local members.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the sad part is there are more people in this chapter than in my town. i talk to more people in this chapter than i do my neighbors

Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
FT4L
New User
i'm pretty new around here, but i check this forum every day and there really isnt too much going on. we are a huge state and we only have maybe 10 people or so who post regularly? weird.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tewferford
Sorry Darren, someone had to speak up.
Frank - I am not offended in any way by your post. As a matter of fact I think I made myself very clear in Carl's ok you weasely.... thread. In that thread I stated that I have no problem turning the CL position over to someone who has more time to develop the chapter. That I have way too much going on at work and on the home front this year. And that the only reason I took the position was no else wanted it and I didn't want the chapter to be dissolve.

I also mentioned the need for regional helpers to develop and promote chapter functions similar to what Delaware has, but no one has stepped up to the plate on that suggestion either (and this has been discussed on and off this whole year).

I have also asked for suggestions for G2G's in this thread and where people would like to have them. Both ranger1999 Bob and Carl have even offered their places and no reply.

I am open for any suggestions folks so post them up. The big thing to remember is that it is "your" chapter and you can make it anything you want.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 PM
FT4L
New User
I like the sound of these G2G's, but what do they involve? The Letchworth SP one, for example. What went down there? I am close enough to that here in Attica that something in this area would be fun. I am really new, so forgive me for the dumb questions.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
FT4L - G2G's can be anything. One-to-one meeting of another member, a cookout, a gathering of members at a park like Letchworth or a truck/car show, a wheeling event, or even none truck related activities like bowling and darts. Anything can be a G2G as long as it is getting together with another FTE member.

At Letchworth we just got together to meet each other. We all brought food and David gave a great tour of the park. We could do another one at Letchworth now that it is fall and give us a different perspective of the park or do it some place else. Do you have a suggestion?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 PM
FT4L
New User
Give me some time and I might be able to come up with something. I'm really digging the idea of a G2G and Letchworth sounds like a good place too. I would love to participate in these types of things if you old guys don't mind a young buck like me runnin' with the pack (19 y/o). lol. jk.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its that hectic busy all the time, running new york lifestyles i bet.. havent you ever heard " in a new york minute" ??

Ray

Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Lead for a G2G is always a good thing so that members can plan for it. The Letchworth G2G we started planning in November and it was held in March. It really was more of people started talking about wanting to G2G and a date was set. So set a date and location and we can see how many people are interested.

As far as age goes, it doesn't matter. We all have a common interest in our trucks and it can grow from there.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:35 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Let's have one in central NY....and we can discuss meth labs and such!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rsylvstr
Let's have one in central NY....and we can discuss meth labs and such!
Well both ranger1999 Bob and Carl have offered their places for G2G's. So when do you want to have it and at who's place?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ronin007
Well both ranger1999 Bob and Carl have offered their places for G2G's. So when do you want to have it and at who's place?
and just for the record ill offer it again yall just got to decide on a date so my wife and i can get up that way.. we would love to meet yall and in all honesty we had a great time meeting with Fred and the guys of NJ at Fred's house and we are sure that us NY guys are just as much fun.
im also going to say i have a brand new BBQ set and a grille here in NYC that ill truck up to my deposit place ( Its a small one but hey we can cook a few things at a time) so we can eat ive got two refrigerators we can fill with food and drink, . Ive got 1.1 acres we can park alot of Ford trucks up there!!and well even tho its not a big place or that great of a place im sure we can all have a good time.. so let me know what ya wanna set up and my wife and i are game

on edit and if our place isnt what youre looking for in the way of a location please let us know where to be and give as much notice as possible so we can be there!!

Quick Reply: Very disturbing!!!