The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Anyone NOT have a liscence?

Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone NOT have a liscence?

im curious, since this is the forum for the younger crowd, does anyone else who posts here NOT have a liscence yet?
I dont, even though im 16, simply because no one is willing to take the time to bring me to the DMV office to take the tests. which really bites, cause not only do i want my liscence really really bad (and have ever since i was about 5), i really need it for work. i work 3 jobs, one on a farm, and 2 construction. i can drive the company trucks around the farm cause its private property, between that and all the messing around ive done in mine and others trucks on private property around here, i have alot more driving experience than alot of older people. sorry to turn that post into a bit of a rant, but i just dont get why my parents keep putting off letting me get my liscence...its very agravating.

anyone else who is either in my situation, or just to young to get one (or i suppose if anyone has lost theres)?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
insureance?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 AM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Im offering to pay for my own insurance. 3 jobs ya know, with a 4th hopefully coming soon....
wow i cant beleive im the only one...

Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
broncosoldier
Junior User
see if one of your buddy's parents would be willing to drive you up there. i dont know what the laws are in your area, but back home it didnt matter who brought us to take the test, just so long as we had. it will also show the rents that you can do things on your own, so maybe that will grease the wheels a little. i dunno, just my $0.02

Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
dzldude
Senior User
hell im only 15.i realy want an old 6.9 diesel

Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
weeeelp, goin to take the written tomarow finally... bout time, its killin me to see my tuck just sittin there...

Old 09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
2 1/2 months for me and I can't wait, already to buy my dads 94 F-150 with a 5.8.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So how did you do on the written? And how did you get down there?

Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
ha finally convinced mi madre to take me and my buddy to take em. i passed w/ a 100% (which kinda shutem up about me not bein ready)
good thing i didnt have anyone else take me, cause you do need parental permission apparently cause they wouldnt let my buddy we brought with us take his.
good thing im alot bigger than him to keep him from doing something stupid cause he was pissed! drive test in a few weeks, trhey are booked full right now, so im gunna call around and find the DMV office with the shortest wait time and schedule there.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude....I had to wait till I was 18...lackof fundsto even buy a truck let alone get a license...I've only had it 2 years....and I've got alotta points on it...guess i better melt some lead off my foot.....good thing is...when u turn 18 here in Florida.....don't even need a permit.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
yea same here about when you turn 18. no way i could wait that long! ive wanted my liscence since i was about 3!
builtfordtough and dzldude, what are your plans for those rigs? cause if your anything like me, youve been formin a plan for them in your head for a long time!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Right now my truck is in good shape, and I have like no money, but eventually I want to get the minor rust over the rear wheel wheels taken care of, it repainted blue, the ulgy visor taken off, leveling it out, new wheels. Then down the road, rebuild the engine and transmission, and redo the interior. Then just little things here and there.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

i've been driving since i was 8 which is about when i got tall enough to reach the peddles with a big phone book or two behind my back and the seat all the way forward. thought i was hot **** when i was 5 or 6 sitting beside my dad in his ratty old chebby *yes i cussed... oops* shifting gears. that's how i learned to drive a standard.. he made me sit beside him and shift the gears with my eyes closed listening to the engine.

either way... we got to take drivers ed through school if our parents paid and mine scraped it up becuz we lived about 5 miles from town. i didn't have a job until i was 18 and in college so other than driving to school and to the horses to feed and to church there was REALLY no reason for me to need mine.. except... mom was always sick feeling. turns out she's diabetic and we didn't know till i was nearly 18. dad taught me how to drive young becuz of where we lived and he didn't think i'd be able to give directions to an ambulance but if i cld get mom to the car i cld get her to town and get someone to help her. that was the main reason but dad was driving when he was 13 or 14 i think he said and he thought we needed to know how. you know how the old people are, they got to do lotsa **** that's against the law now.

as for requiring parental permission, i took drivers ed and they signed the papers but didn't have to be there. i took the written in class and didn't have to take a driving test at all so long as the instructor signed off that we had our 7 hrs of driving time with the instructor and our parents signed off that they had been with us in the car for 7 hrs worth of driving time and the insurance company didn't require it.

now i KNOW you can't learn how to drive by reading a book and spending 14 hrs behind the wheel of a car. you might barely gain basic mastery of turning and stopping and starting w/o jerking around in that amount of time. that's why i wish they'd change the laws to allow parents to start teaching their children legally in a controlled environment (not the streets) at like 13 or something but still not allow them to have their license until their 16. then they've had a couple years legal opportunity to get some good practice before getting their permit at 15. i don't mean 2 weeks before they're 16 either, i mean they should have that permit for a full year and drive on the streets with their parents for a full year before being turned loose. my dad never let me drive by myself when we weren't in the hay field and even then he was standing in the trailer stacking hay. he also didn't quit telling me tricks and things he's learned in all his years of driving until i was about 20. i do of course realize that there are parents out there that don't care which is really sad to me. they shud care that their children aren't learning well a skill that can save their life. *shaking my head* but just me by myself isn't gonna change that that's for sure. i've been saying that since i was 16 but it still makes me feel old. *shrug*

i'm glad you got your test out of the way and are on the way to getting your license. i've taught several of my friends how to drive and one didn't try to get her license till she was 19. she cldn't believe i let her drive my truck when the only thing she'd ever driven was in the parking lot at her high school. her and my other friend who'd never been behind the wheel until after they were 16 or 18 both have had more wrecks than any of the farm kids i know who've been driving since they cld reach the peddles in the hay fields and back roads. if you've got all that practice then i bet you're more than ready and sounds like your parents are realizing that too.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 PM
bigblock_drock
Elder User
i just turned 16 and got my permit, im taking drivers ed right now its 2 weeks from 2 30 to 5 45, thats 3 hours AFTER school! its not fun and VERY expensive, but i guess i need to take it.

i already have a car (94 merc Grand marquis) but i get to drive my parents trucks (my mom hasa 05 f-350 6.0, and my dad has a 03' F350 V10)

Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Been driving legally since 14. Gotta love the law that farm kids can get their license early to help out with farm stuff

Search this Thread