2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Bluetooth Handsfree Addon

Old 08-29-2007, 06:16 AM
HOTSPOT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bluetooth Handsfree Addon

I have ordered the Motorola T-605 and the professional install kit which is basically a cable that taps into the factory wiring.

I prefer Motorola phones, so this is a good match. From what I have read it is a fantastic unit.

The unit is $130 and the cable is $40.

I'll let y'all know how well it works.

Last edited by HOTSPOT; 08-29-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'd be really interested in your "review" of it!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
HOTSPOT
New User
I was not too happy with it and sent it back. I did not even install it. It required cutting into the harness and I did no want to do that.

I have a Parrot system on the way that is supposed to be plug-n-play with a color LCD for caller info.

I will take pictures of the install and post them along with a review of the unit.

Supposedly, Parrot is the industry leader. We will see!!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
rjd75
Senior User
Looks interesting, there is a wiring harness that needs to be installed behind the head unit.. If you feel so inclined please take some pics of the dissassembly so we can see how the stereo pulls out!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
mrtoyman
New User
I do have the Parrot CK-3200 set-up using a wiring harness that i got from www.parrotkits.com (not affiliated with them). Even with their harness you will still need to hardwire the switched/ignition wire from their harness as it is not supplied from the harness coming the truck. I got the switched power source from the fuse box on the passenger side. I can't remember what number but i can find out if you need it.

Hope this help.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
neitz
Freshman User
Parrot MKi installed, but no Sub

I just installed a Parrot MKi9000 in by 07 w/ Nav, and the phone side of it works great and as intended (sound comes through front speakers). I used the Quick Connect Harness (QCEXP1-MK) and had to tap into the fuse box for the switched power.

However, one of the benefits of the MKi is that it will play your music from your phone using the bluetooth, and while it works, there is no sound coming through the sub. I understand the harness and parrot only taps into the RFLF, RRLR speakers and not the sub. So I am wondering if anyone knows a workaround to get sound to the sub?

Worst part is, the Aux In I used to use with a cable and my phone, now gets switched over to the parrot so I again lose the sub. CD and Radio is fine, but the darn parrot hijacked my aux in. If I would have know I would lose the sub with music, I just would have bought the cheaper parrot for just the phone.

BTW - If anyone has any Q's on the install, feel free to ask as it went pretty smoothly. Thanks!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
neitz
Freshman User
Solved my own problem! Posting this here in case anyone else is interested or searches on this topic in the future.

The harness I used (model listed in above post) has two RCA jacks that provide a stereo low level output. So a simple RCA-to-mini jack cable connected from the RCA outs of the harness to the factory Aux In in the Expy dash provided the connections needed to get sound to the sub.

It didn't work at first, but I found there is a setting on the parrot that needs to be changed, called "mute on streaming audio". It's either on or off, and with my parrot model (no display, just the remote), you have to hold in the << and >> at the same time within 30 seconds of the "bongo" chime that you hear during startup. You will hear another tone confirming the change took place.

This stops the parrot from muting your stereo amp, and allows the output through the RCA jacks to be pumped back in to your stereo through your Aux In, and your subwoofer will now be powered with the music from your phone. You will need to select Aux In on your stereo for your music from your phone, but the parrot will still switch your stereo to "Phone" regardless of which input you were using when a call comes in or you hit the call button on your remote to make an outbound call.

I just received my shop manual, so my next step is to figure out the wiring on the Aux In jack behind the dash so I can splice in the RCA outs and get rid of the wire coming out from behind the dash and back in through the Aux In jack.

I got the parrot mainly for the hands free phone, but I must say I enjoy the wireless music even better.