water/alcohol injection systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water/alcohol injection systems

I just finished reading with great interest about the water/alcohol injection systems. Sounds a lot safer than propane injection and easy to install. I presume it would work well with Bio as well as Dino. Would you experts check it out and let us know? www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com I would like to install it on my Turbocharged IDI 7.3. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Tom

Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tom D
I just finished reading with great interest about the water/alcohol injection systems. Sounds a lot safer than propane injection and easy to install. I presume it would work well with Bio as well as Dino. Would you experts check it out and let us know? www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com I would like to install it on my Turbocharged IDI 7.3. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Tom
I'm amazed no one replied to my post. I figured Fabmandelux would at least say whether it works well with biodiesel. Hasn't anyone had any experience with water/alcohol injection systems. Come on guys give me your 2 cents worth.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen a 15% alcohol/water mixture make 50 HP on a turbo IDI on the dyno. It made somewhat less than that on my truck.

If you're going to do it, I would reccomend using a small nozzle at high pressure for better atomization, and don't trigger the system on below about 75% of your peak boost.

Also, use only distilled water in the system. I ran tap water or winshield washer fluid when my system was installed and the deposits in the intake were readily visible when I pulled that motor apart. Given enough time those deposits might have caused some damage.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
AIS
Freshman User
I thought since this thread was asking about our system I would post this here:

If you're interested in learning more about our system hkiefus (an FTE moderator) has purchased the system and will be posting more info as he installs it in this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...n-finally.html

He already has his own pictures of the system up in the thread.

If you prefer, you are more than welcome to direct any questions you have to me as well.

- Nathan