New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Our Next GTG

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:46 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Our Next GTG

OK fellow New Englanders...fans of the Major League leading Red Sox...time to figure out what our next GTG should be...a few ideas have been floated...what do YOU think...who will take the ball and run with it??? Sound off!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still like the idea of a ride and cookout at a state park or something, I thought someone mentioned the White Mtns. I would be willing to help plan, it's just being a transplant I don't know to much about what is where. I have maps but roads and maps dont correspond like they do in the rest of the world. I'm also a tourist at the same time so I dont want to plan the same thing people have done all their lives.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
I still like the idea of a ride and cookout at a state park or something, I thought someone mentioned the White Mtns. I would be willing to help plan, it's just being a transplant I don't know to much about what is where. I have maps but roads and maps dont correspond like they do in the rest of the world. I'm also a tourist at the same time so I dont want to plan the same thing people have done all their lives.
Hey Mike...Mount Washington would be an awesome ride...especially in late September when the foliage is out...traffic would be a concern...but...who cares...we'll just run them over with all our Fords!!! Anybody else have any thoughts??? Let's hear them!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
That sounds like a great plan..Lets roll with it.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets add to it...

with people coming from the south why not meet somewhere and caravan up together. Get a convoy of sorts going. Just a thought.

And a tailgate lunch or somthing up top.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
BIGKEN
Hey New England...GREAT THOUGHTS...let's keep the ball rolling...do we want to head up for the classic car hill climb...OR...do we want to have our own convoy up to the top???
They do have limits on the types/size of vehicle that can make the climb...and they do charge by the vehicle and passengers...BUT...the views are SPECTACULAR...it might be worth checking their web site.

Let's hear from some more...your thoughts are welcome. How about you donjamer...not like you to be so quiet (or have the kittens gotten to you)...Ken B...the ...48fordster...you back from vacation yet? Matt...Keith...Jeff...Shane...Chris...you nuts from Connecticut...let's hear from you!!! How about nhtriton and the better (worse) half...downhillpat...where are you??? How about Maine and Rhode Island...do you still exist???

Old 08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Was looking at my "tourist" book and we could do the mountain and then eat luch at a state park. The description of Echo lake park sounded really cool. Any insite from those who know? I only have books etc to go off. I Think I can bring my grill if we wanted to cookout.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
BIGKEN
Was looking at my "tourist" book and we could do the mountain and then eat luch at a state park. The description of Echo lake park sounded really cool. Any insite from those who know? I only have books etc to go off. I Think I can bring my grill if we wanted to cookout.
Hey Mike...don't think that will work...I checked out their website and they apparently close on September 3... ...check out one of the railways...Cog Railway or Conway scenic railway...spectacular views...is BUSTY RUSTY going to join us?!?!

Old 08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
I had imagined a family oriented trip. She is planning on coming. We (her and I) would make a whole weekend out of it and do some hiking and camping.

What closes?... the park?.... thats new for me. In the great north woods, if you can pass the road you are welcome to come in.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Checked out their site too and it seems after the 3rd they are only closed during the week. Weekends are still open. Thats how I read it. Any one up there know for sure? I will try to call them tomorrow to get the scoop. Anybody have any alternatives if need be.
Also I think I got ahead of myself. Do we have a date set yet? Any suggestions?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
BIGKEN
I had imagined a family oriented trip. She is planning on coming. We (her and I) would make a whole weekend out of it and do some hiking and camping.

What closes?... the park?.... thats new for me. In the great north woods, if you can pass the road you are welcome to come in.
AAH...Trusty and Busty...one (or two) with nature...bears...racoons...moose...snakes...skunks
...sglaine...dirt...rocks... ...God Bless ya!!! Don't forget...September is the start of winter in the White Mountains...dress for the occassion!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
BIGKEN
Checked out their site too and it seems after the 3rd they are only closed during the week. Weekends are still open. Thats how I read it. Any one up there know for sure? I will try to call them tomorrow to get the scoop. Anybody have any alternatives if need be.
Also I think I got ahead of myself. Do we have a date set yet? Any suggestions?
No date set yet...I can do any Sunday EXCEPT the 23rd...my nephew is getting married on the 22nd (Unless I can talk some sense into him)...going to be taking him and the bride to the airport...early am departure for Saint Lucia.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
If we are doing the Mt washington gig then that is September 15 and 16..

Might be to much to have a bunch of trucks going up the mountain...

What about the Kankamangus Hwy(sp)? Haven't been up there in years, but don't they have parks along the way?

Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by donjamer
If we are doing the Mt washington gig then that is September 15 and 16..

Might be to much to have a bunch of trucks going up the mountain...

What about the Kankamangus Hwy(sp)? Haven't been up there in years, but don't they have parks along the way?

I like your idea about the Kankamangus...We would be better off

Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our brakes would be better off as well...

But you guys know if we do a Kank Hwy run I would have to bring the Focus and will have to stop every 2 miles and waite 5 minutes for you guys to catch up....

I think the last time I was on the Kankamangus I was like 6.

There should be many viewing spots along the way.

We also need to determine if we are starting in Conway(rt 16) or Lincoln(rt93) 35 miles of twisties and great views...

Quick Reply: Our Next GTG