Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

Let's Stir Up Some Activity

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:59 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Let's Stir Up Some Activity

Hey I have been trying to stir up some action in this forum for a while. I have been sending pm's to some of the people that are registered in Louisiana. I have been inviting them to drop by and post. Maybe we will get some activity here. There are a lot of people registered as Louisiana being there home.

Im asking all of you to help me stir up some activity. We all vist diffrent parts of this forum. If its not too much to ask how about adding something like this to your sig.

JOIN THE LOUISIANA CHAPTER.

Invite people to stop by our section. Maybe we can have some kind of GET TOGETHER some time soon.

Im willing to put my time into this.

Thanks
Robert

Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
blksiryder
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my offer still stands if we can get a meet and greet i will buy the beed and of food and even bring it to where it would be. i want to show off some trucks and vans and just some ford stuff and see what other people have done. lets step up and have a good time.

Ryder

Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
I have asked for assistance in designing a logo for our chapter. I asked Storm. I know that he is good with computer design. If any one else has knowledge on computer design help will be appreciated.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:08 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Yeah this forum has been dead for a little while now, I drop in every so often but nothing new is ever happening. We definitely need some life in here, I am willing to help with that anyway I can.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Im still sending pm's. What we need is a get together. Storm said he would help with the logo.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Redneck'n
Senior User
I appreciate the pm to stop by. I haven't been nearly so faithful in coming by the chapter site, or the site in general, at all for quite a while.

I'd be happy to travel to just about anywhere for a meet and greet or a get in the mud and get dirty kinda get together. My Bronco currently is in dire need of a front end alignment and isnt being driven, but should only be that way for another week or so (at the most).

so yeah, I'm down with getting the La chapter rolling.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Redneck'n. I have access to lots of parts for various model's of ford trucks. That comes from me and friends collecting what my wife calls junk. Always need spare parts. I'm willling to help.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Redneck'n
Senior User
I just have to get the front end aligned now. And see if I can't find out why my truck rides so damn rough. It has duel shocks up front, but it will just beat you to death. It's almost as if there is no "give" to the shocks at all.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
what lift do you have?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Redneck'n
Senior User
Beats me really.. I mean, it's a 6" Superlift... But beyond that, I really dont know.. This is my first 4x4 and I've had it since the first of the year. It's been a terrible rough ride since I bought it. I've tried pressuring down the tires a little and that didnt help so I put them back to 40psi. It doesnt bounce around like a normal worn out shock does. It's almost like there is no absorbtion (is that a word?) to them. But it's front and back.. Up front there are duel Superlift shocks and Superlift coil springs. on the back there are Superlift struts and I'm assuming (we all know the dangers of that) stock leaf springs.
When I had it up in the mountans this past spring I know from driving if on trails that the shocks will go down when at extreme angles and such. I realize that anytime you put big tires on a truck and lift it, there is going to be some loss of as far as a smooth ride goes. But this is worse than driving around a 1ton empty. I really dont want to take it to a shop and tell them "it rides rough and I dont know whats wrong". I know where that'll get me..
It wouldnt bother me so much, but I'm kinda worried that all that banging around on our lovely louisiana roads is gonna lead to other damage. Since I've had it, I've had to replace the distributer twice because of the electronics involved with them failing. I know that if you beat on anything electronic it's just a matter of time before it craps out.
I know it may appear as though I dont know much about my rides, that isnt the case. I've just never had a problem like this before... My dad tried to chalk it up to short wheelbase and big tires. But my friend has a cheep with a 4"Superlift and 33" tires and his is pretty damn smooth. Even offroad.
I called the fella I bought it from and asked him about it and he said it did that since he bought it too. He bought it with the lift on it. He said the tires size was the same but he has gone thru a couple of sets in the 5 years he owned it. I didnt think to ask him if he'd ever replaced the shocks though. I couldnt begin to know how to date the lift and/or shocks to know about how old they are. Maybe they just need changing.
If that's the case, how to do I go about ordering shocks for a lifted truck? By that, I mean do I need to order a specific length of shock since it's lifted? *no, I've never owned a lifted truck before either*

Any ideas and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Where is Benton at? If it isnt too far I will be glad to look at your bronco. I have an 88 F150 with 6" lift and 36" swampers and it isn't too rough.

For starters I would start checking all of the bolts for the lift. Does it make any noise when you hit a bump? If it does check the radius arm bushings. The lift brackets that drop down the twin I beams have been known to crack. I have changed out one on my truck. I hope I'm not overloading you. Just start with a good inspection of all of your mounting hardware.

If you have any questions ask or pm me.
Robert

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Redneck'n
Senior User
Benton is about 15 mins North of Bossier City.

Everything appears to be tight. About 2 months ago, I was kinda looking at things and the back shock on the front drivers side was loose at the top. I got that tightened and it changed nothing other than made me feel better..haha. No noises other than everything on the truck making a helluva racket when hitting a bump. I did check the radius arm bushings as suggested. They appear to be fine. But I'm not sure what I'd be looking for other than one being smashed all up or cracked.
I'll crawl under it again tomorrow afternoon when I get in and have a look at the actual lift brackets and such for any cracking. I thought about taking all that loose to check the holes and stuff, but I really dont have a way to do that. And don't know what it would need to be torqued to when putting it all back.

I'll let you know what I find on the lift brackets to the axle support housings. (or whatever they're actually called)
Thanks.