Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Phone cards for Our Troops

Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 AM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Phone cards for Our Troops

I would like to take the time to pass along this message from the DE Chapter Leader glruff ( aka...George) I have, And will continue to send phone cards to our boys and girls over seas. I personally have 3 family members in conflict operations at this time! God Bless our Troops.

.<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">

I send this message to all of you to ask for your Chapter's support for the men and women serving our country overseas. As you probably are aware, our government does not give these men and women the means to keep in touch with their family or friends at home via telephone. They must pay out of their own pockets for this privilege.

The Delaware Chapter is collecting "Phone Cards" to present to the Dover Air Force Base Combat Services to be sent to the men and women serving our country.

Military Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards offer the best bang for your buck. This link explains the Military Exchange Prepaid Calling Cards available, https://thor.aafes.com/scs/default.aspx , The Department of Defense Military Exchanges have been authorized to sell the following prepaid calling cards to individuals and organizations who wish to purchase these cards for our troops serving overseas in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. AT & T offers the best rates for prepaid calling cards.

Some FAQ facts:
<TABLE class=main style="WIDTH: 1027px; HEIGHT: 856px" width=1027 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=main align=left>Q: Why should I purchase the Military Exchange prepaid cards?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main align=left>For service members to receive the best calling rates from OEF/OIF, senders should take advantage of the savings and purchase the Military Exchange 550 and 300 Minute Prepaid Card as it offers the best value when calling home.</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=main align=left>Q: What is the difference if I send a loved one an AT&T prepaid card purchased from another retailer?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main align=left>Although AT&T phone cards are available at several domestic retailers, they do not offer the best value when placing international calls to the U.S as compared to the AT&T Military Exchange 550 and 300 Minute Global Prepaid Phone Card.

Prepaid phone cards are generally designed and marketed for use only within the 48 contiguous states by other retailers as the cards are generally sold for domestic use.

Domestic retailers do not target nor negotiate low international calling rates to the U.S.

Therefore, they set international prices higher, as their target market is domestic.

Service members may be sent prepaid calling cards from home or provided pro bono prepaid cards from private organizations; however, the Military Exchange does not control the negotiated rates for these products and rates may be significantly higher as well as incur connection or other hidden fees.

Additionally, other payment options are available when placing calls such as telephone calling cards, commercial credit cards, and collect calls.

Using these products when placing calls from Iraq will be significantly higher and rates vary for each product.

Telephone calling cards may include unforeseen charges, connection and service fees.

Using the 550 and 300 Minute Global Military Exchange Prepaid Card offers the troops the best value when calling from OEF/OIF back to the U.S as they do not carry any hidden charges, connection fees and the minutes do not expire.

This link shows how to purchase a card or cards https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main align=left>AT & T link is here: http://www.usa.att.com/military/action/services/detail?id=prepaidcard

If you would like to see the calling centers available to our service men and women then check this link: http://www.usa.att.com/military/camp/calling_centers.jsp

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=main align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Delaware Chapter is asking for your monetary support by buying one of the prepaid calling cards so we can provide them to the DAFB Combat Services. We plan on also supporting their car, truck and bike show to be held at the air base on August 11, 2007. At this time we will present the prepaid calling cards that we collect. This is a link to our chapter G2G, 2007 AUGUST GTG DOVER AIR FORCE BASE SHOW .

Lew, dawgs150, is hosting the meet for FTE and the Delaware Chapter. If you would like to attend, sign up in the Delaware Chapter.

If you would like to donate a prepaid calling card, PM or Email me for the ship to address. I will see that the cards get to the intended recipients.

</TD><!-- KEN: 1-13-2007: show 300x250 ad-block to non-Club FTE users in the 1st post of every page --><!-- / Ken, end of hack --></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- no sigs except when logged in --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by nubeee1; 07-28-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you Tom, for posting this.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:23 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Card update.

The following state chapter members have purchased cards and I have them in hand for a total of 14 so far:

Delaware
Massachusetts

The following state chapter members have indicated that cards are on the way for a total of 11:

Northern California
Kansas
Washington State

Internet Brands, our parent company

Remember you must order the cards online no later than August 5th or 6th since it takes 4 business days for me to receive the cards.

Email or PM me for the ship to address.

Thanks to all who have purchased or committed to purchase cards for OUR TROOPS!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Card update.

The following state chapter members have purchased cards or promised to purchase cards for a total of 30 so far:

Delaware
Massachusetts
Kansas
Washington State
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
West Virginia

IB_Jon, Internet Brands, our parent company

Thanks to all who have purchased or committed to purchase cards for OUR TROOPS!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:57 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Fellow FTE members, thanks to those who supported this effort, we were able to collect almost $1,000 of prepaid phone cards to send to our Troops deployed overseas.

This represented approximately 17,000 minutes the troops can use talking with their family and friends at no personal cost to them. A total of 33 cards were either mailed directly to me or given to me at the show.

The picture is of Dominick Dinardo, Civ. USAF(left side) and me, just so you all know I did give them the cards (LOL). Dom is personally going to hand out the cards to troops deploying, representing all services, through the DAFB. They will not be given to troops stationed at Dover.

Take your right hand, put it over your left shoulder and pat vigorously. JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!

Search this Thread