Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

My fiberglass ladder passed me today

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fiberglass ladder passed me today

Don't know how from laying flat in bottom it got up out of bed . But I hear noise and saw my ladder pass me. I will say that my brakes work really well. I stopped before ladder. It was just below my house so wasn't busy. Been hauling them for 20 yrs and its a first.

LOST

Last edited by lostin90s; 07-25-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm not laughing at you. but that's a funny story

Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lenny1carl
i'm not laughing at you. but that's a funny story
Go ahead laugh no body was hurt and I was lucky . It happened right were a state cop ussually sit at that time day .

Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Originally Posted by lostin90s
Go ahead laugh no body was hurt and I was lucky . It happened right were a state cop ussually sit at that time day .
Hmmm? Lost I don't suppose that would be somewhere up near the Brickyard Turn or more towards Aletta Whittakers Fruit&Veggie Stand now would it! HAW! HAW!HAW! I know the State Police like to sit there from time to time! (giggle!) Glad everything turned out okey dokey though. Now reading yer post guv me the giggles and brought back some memories! Headin' back from Franklin one day, on I80, I watched as the rear axle of a tractor-trailer slid sloooowly back and out from under the trailer..at 70m.p.h.! Hmph! Didn't know an axle could go so far, so fast and then dissapear o'er the guardrails!! Go figger? Then the time some ole geezer passed me on the same highway in a big Caddilac. He was sound asleep and so was his wife! Watched them climb the median-strip up near Brookville and drift right back down on the highway at over 80mph! They was none the worse fer wear and tear but they sure was awake then!!! HAW!HAW!HAW! Down on the Tyrone By-Pass (now Rt.99) I got passed by a Toyota pick-up loaded down with so much household furnishings I backed off the throttle on my Goldwing and shook my head. Don't know how they pile all that stuff in them little trucks! 'Bout that time a rocking chair broke loose from the top and hit the highway at 70m.p.h. right in my path! I swerved a bit and snatched it right up..since we was both traveling about the same speed..and pulled alongside them and asked them ta' pull over!! We had a good laugh o'er that! Finally...heading down to Charlotte Motor Speedway one weekend on the motorcycle I heered a turrible THUMP! Turned out to be my helmet hitting the gastank as I dozed off..at triple-digit speeds! Passenger never woke up. God was watching o'er me in my younger days..as He still does now. Audie..the oldfart! P.S. Lost, I'll be at Irwin Park on Sat. Aug.11th. for our family reunion from 9a.m. till around 3p.m. why don't you stop by and say howdy.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:57 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oldfart
Hmmm? Lost I don't suppose that would be somewhere up near the Brickyard Turn or more towards Aletta Whittakers Fruit&Veggie Stand now would it! HAW! HAW!HAW! I know the State Police like to sit there from time to time! (giggle!) Glad everything turned out okey dokey though. . Audie..the oldfart! P.S. Lost, I'll be at Irwin Park on Sat. Aug.11th. for our family reunion from 9a.m. till around 3p.m. why don't you stop by and say howdy.
Just passed wildwood and no I didn't come from there. I actually stop and got out it slide so far I got back in and drove to it. Yah this is a funny area . Some one is always ridin a bank with thier Harley Ha ha .

I got one I was In NY going to uncles This main road is almost straight as it comes Drove it many times. Well its a heavy snow storm about 6 " on ground . I'm following guy ahead of me about 60 MPH . Hey the guy up front was. Next thing I know I was flyin literally threw a flield . I was following a pair of snow mobils . I didn't slow down much. I'd get stuck or caught. Did a big loop and hit road . Went slower after that.

I'll try to make it to Irwin I put on calander . Later

Last edited by lostin90s; 07-30-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
i never lost a ladder but once i was hauling furniture upstate and the rope broke on the mattress ontop of the wife's minivan and i slowed her down and got her off the road before it fell off the top. She started whining at me as i got out of my pickup ( she was followin me) and you had to see her face as she stopped and the mattress slid down the front of her van priceless i tell you and funny cause noone got hurt

youre lucky no cops saw the ladder trick cause they prolly have a nice size fine for that a buddy got a fine in NY for $1100 for having empty coffee cups ( styrofoam) that blew outta his truck bed a ladder has to cost more

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
So Bob, you sayin SIZE DOES MATTER, huh?

I know you don't have to say it I will.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:34 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger1999 Bob
i never lost a ladder but once i was hauling furniture upstate and the rope broke on the mattress ontop of the wife's minivan and i slowed her down and got her off the road before it fell off the top. She started whining at me as i got out of my pickup ( she was followin me) and you had to see her face as she stopped and the mattress slid down the front of her van priceless i tell you and funny cause noone got hurt

youre lucky no cops saw the ladder trick cause they prolly have a nice size fine for that a buddy got a fine in NY for $1100 for having empty coffee cups ( styrofoam) that blew outta his truck bed a ladder has to cost more
Don't tell my wife about the size matter thing. But I picked the ladder up. Hey I know the cop would havegot a laught when when I stop dead and the ladder went under truck andup road 50 ft. I had to drive after it.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
lol well coloplast makes implants for those not satisfied with size we saw the factory in MN last week !!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger1999 Bob
lol well coloplast makes implants for those not satisfied with size we saw the factory in MN last week !!

To much information !!! Just kidding

Old 08-03-2007, 05:25 PM
soondg
Postmaster
What was the phone number of that factory?

You can never have enough lift. I've got nine on my truck, think there's any subliminal meaning there?