WVO vs. chemical made bio

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
tndiesel
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WVO vs. chemical made bio

Remember I'm learning. If I convert my 97 PSD to run on WVO what is the best way to filter it and get it ready to put in my truck? I know this is a general question but I'm looking for a simple process that doesn't involve a lot of steps and is simple.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:34 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oil pump. Filter thru 1 micron bag filter. Let filtered oil set about a week or 2 in a 55 gallon drum. Pump the oil off the top of the drum into your trucks heated fuel tank. Start on diesel and when engine is hot switch to WVO. Switch back to Diesel before shutting down to purge fuel system of WVO. Smile allot when you drive past fueling stations.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Flea
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out the website in my sig.
I use the Racor filter, which is a diesel filter that is rated at 2 microns or ten or twenty which all depends on the filter element you put in it.

I pump into a 50 gal. tank in the back of my truck and then it gets hot while I burn the other 50 gal. tank that is already filtered.

I use a approx. 7 micron bag to filter into the clean tank and then the fuel is heated and picked up by the racor. It then is pumped up to a switch in the eng. bay and is filtered one more time as it goes through the stock fuel filter.

Really all you do is heat and filter. The viscosity of Veggie is higher and the heat drops it to about what diesel is at so it can be sprayed into the cylinder wall.

Call GFS if you have questions. I have researched all the companies and I am really happy with their service and products. They warranty parts and installs.

They answer all my questions.

They also have DVDs and youtube.com videos on how it works.

Fletch