South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

Vacation Time what are you doing with it

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 AM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Vacation Time what are you doing with it

Vacation time is upon us, kids are out of school and driving the wife nuts. Time to round them up pack them into the Tank and head north to see the grandparents and cousins. Going to North Lancaster Ontario to stay at the B & B know as mom and dad's farm. After much beer/wine/liquor it will be time to head into Montreal to catch one of the Just for Laughs shows, shoot some fireworks and take a breakfast cruise on July 15 on the St Lawrence river. Then head on back to Carolina via Hershey PA so that we can see how they make the chocolate. If you want some real beer PM me and I will see if I can sneak some back across. Also on the menu Maple syrup

To all in the chapter enjoy your vacation no matter how you do it.

I am Canadian and Redneck, probably how come I fit in so good around here.

Marc

Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vacation well i guess you could say i'm on vacation. Since we moved back here the better half is working and so is my son but for me as soon as the bone cracker says its ok i'm just working around here fixing up the place. I do have income what little it is from Ebay and another side venture so it's not to bad.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Oddly enough... What official vacation time I had used (still have?) with my f/t employer has been for what else but Work for my own Moonlighting Adventures.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Last call for anything Canadian will be June 29, I can promise at least a sample of Beer that Green's doesn't carry along with the famous maple syrup or maybe even a can of 'Poutine' sauce, similar to hot chicken gravy but spicier that you pour over fresh home fries and curd cheese. (AKA as the heart attack special back home, but tastes great). Trigger you sure are up early in the morning.

Later Marc

Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Might spend my vacation re-couping from my hernia operation. Workmen's Comp doesn't pay the first 7 days, and where I work, you have to use vacation time for illness (if you have any). It's gonna be time to leave the place soon, anyhow. I only get 5 vacation days a year until my 6th year, then I get 6 days. I'm reaching a point in life where vacation time is more important than other things!

Old 06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Talking

Well we decided to have our Fourth of July fireworks on Sunday July1 prior to leaving to Canada, the kids are excited and our neighbors usually enjoy the show at my expense. We were told 2years ago that we did a better display than the city of Easley....TNT works pretty good

Everyone have a safe and Happy 4th and will see you all when we get back from our trip.

Later Marc